Peugeot Forums banner

peugeot expert not starting need some help lads !!

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  yhendricks 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi one of our taxis is not starting after some remedial work and im stumped :)

2009 Expert it was running fine till the vacuum pump seized replaced that sorted timing and rockers but it will not start !!

I have no cam and crank sync but this seems to be because I have no crank signal I also have no fuel pressure tried a tow just to save faffing but no go.

faults that matter are a multiplex fault U2001 seems to be some type of com fault between ecu and BSI but the ecu is unlocked and it says its good to go as it were :)

Tried cam and crank sensors on another vehicle and they are fine fuel pump was new recently it seems to be wiring somewhere but have never had any problems up till now so unsure where to start.

We have had occasional non start issues recently prior to this we though it was a key fault as it started after a few minutes wait but this may be linked to present fault

Any pointers from anyone will be appreciated

See less See more
#3 ·
That's the thing we had very little unplugged !!

Have done the same job lots of times with no drama

Done some more digging today found a blown fuse but alas still no signals.

Got a diagram and looked at wiring all the sensors not working are fed power from fusebox it seems but they all seem to be getting power so we are no further forward

Had some airflow related faults I reconed it was because I had removed the airflow meter to investigate but even with it plugged in they come up ?

Something common to all the sensors but I just cannot see what.

Would a faulty BSI still read key and unlock ecu but not allow starting as I have some permanent faults in the BSI too.

Possibly related the wipers sometimes jump slightly even when engine is off.

#4 ·
Hi mate have you sorted this yet ?

I Had a 1.6 HDi that when the belt went it spun the chain pulley on the cam round only slightly but was enough to not be timed up correctly.Looked fine on cam belt itself but was internally out.

Just a thought if something like that has happened no cam/crank sync no start.

Cheers

#5 ·
Hi Belmo,

Can you please expand on your problem that you experienced with the 2 internal cams going out of sync. How did this situation come about and did you resolve it?

How can I check/confirm this situation on my 207 hdi?

How does one allign the 2 internal cams?

Your help be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yusuf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.