Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum and apologies if this has been asked before!
But, I have a 08 Peugeot Expert 2.0ltr hdi, the long wheel base model, and it only does 24 miles per gallon.

This seems pretty low, is everyone else getting around the same???

Thanks.
CK

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an end '07 reg'd 2litre expert the 120bhp version which seems to be averaging around 28 to 29mpg. I've had it back to the garage a couple of times now due to this issue and a load of blue smoke coming out the exhaust upon startup, including a lack of power compared to my old model expert from an '03 year.

Apparently everything is fine on it (which I find amazing) - I miss not being able to do over 600 miles to a full tank, and am now only getting 450 which costs over £90 for the fill.

The van is going in for a software update next week due to a recall so we shall see what happens then.

I have a mate who has a 2litre Citroen van, but long wheelbase and he regularly gets 550 to 600 miles on a tank, and if he tries, he can get 670miles.... my best so far is 480miles after driving slowly everywhere for the tank!!

Would certainly be interested to see if it is a known problem or whether it's fine. It is a shame it's far less efficient than the last model expert which was a cracking van.

-Alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts