1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This is my first post on this forum

I have a 2005 Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI that will not start

van was running driving until parked up a week ago then wouldn't start, glow plugs and glow plug relay have been changed as have the air and fuel filter(siemens fuel system ) , AA have been out and not helped much, when I originally tried to start the van I could not hear fuel pump priming with ignition on then yesterday I could hear it, again today when ignition was turned on I couldn't hear the pump priming which makes me think possibly something electrical, when pump was priming I had codes read and fault code p0230. battery is good and power is reaching glow plugs and injector rail.

Any advice greatly appreciated as im stumped at the moment and don't want to get ripped off by garages or dealers fitting parts at random

·
Registered
375 Posts
( AA have been out and not helped much)

how many times Ive heard that all the AA are is recover you to the next best thing and most of the driver /mechanics don't have a clue with modern cars most are old school and don't know about 21st century diagnostics :lol::nod:

from experience the RAC know more then the AA:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well funny you should say that , last thing he said was that the hp pump was all he couldn't eliminate but as I said the fact the van primes up one day then no the next is making me think its something simple, never had any problems with starting in the past, the van has done 125000

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Few errors here if it is a siemens system the you will never hear a lift pump as it will NOT have one.

Glow plugs are NOT needed these engines start without them

What is the engine code ?

·
11,978 Posts
Heh heh, they've done that to two other AA members I know. On both occasions it was something else - fuel filter on one and sticking lift pump in the tank on the other.

Both well known if you know Peugeots, but not if you're a fix-anything or are relying on Autodata or which diagnostic kit they're using. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told the siemens system had the 3 pipe fitments on top.

engine code i believe is RHZ

I could definatly hear something kicking in and could hear pressure / fuel building up around the fuel filter yesterday but no start but today nothing at all, glow plugs and relay were changed as i previously had a p0380 glow plug fault code but changing relay and plugs has erased this, and now i have the p0230

Many thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Your engine code is in your vin number, usually around the 6th digit, do not confuse filter with Ecu, I have worked on a few with a siemens fuel filter and bosch ecu:confused:
I have yet to see a siemens ecu in one of these,(only worked on a couple though) Rhz is a 110 bosch I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No , sounded like it was going to but just wouldnt fire up.

Only clue i have so far is the intermittant ignition noise sometimes you can hear something prime up in the engine bay and sometimes not

The van was running with no start issues until it was left for around a week

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
An RHZ needs very little to actually start it should run up on easy start

You need a readout of live data not codes to fix this

you need to see crank and cam sync

Cranking speed 250 rpm

Fuel pressure 298 bar

If you see these 3 things then it should fire up

Wiring harness can cause issues on these.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Been to read the fault codes.

Started with the BSI as it was at the top of the list.

So this points at the key rather than anything mechanical.

Read the engine ECU:

And then somewhere or other on the hunt for key related stuff I found this:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You need to try recoding the key first then if that fails you are looking at a wiring fault somewhere until you get the key to read it WILL NOT START.

It should still run up on easy start with those faults though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You need to try recoding the key first then if that fails you are looking at a wiring fault somewhere until you get the key to read it WILL NOT START.

It should still run up on easy start with those faults though.
agrreed :thumb:

it should run on easy start/carb cleaner anything will run on that stuff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the response guys

Had rwb over this morning to read the codes

the van has had a replacment barrel and keys and the old key was just kept next to the barrel to turn off the immobiliser , it was working like this but after today i suspect this could be the fault.

I did try the original barrel and key back on the van but it still wouldnt start but will try this again

the van has been tried with a new battery and off jump leads also

1 - 20 of 38 Posts