Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Following on from the screen washer pump, I have found one area of corrosion on the subframe. The whole unit is sound, surface only corrosion except for one area around the small hole (normally about 6-8 mm diameter) which faces outwards just near one of the stiffener bars. The hole is enlarged to approx 16 mm diameter. Now, would it be permissible to put a rubber plug in place, or better to have a patch welded if it's an MOT issue?

Additionally, should it be a serious issue, anyone know of a sub-frame in good condition?

Best Regards,
Jonathan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
The van is an X-Reg. 1.9 Diesel. The hole is located on the drivers side, working from the front adjacent to (by 25-40mm) the first vertical stay bar from the body to the subframe. Hopefully that makes sense, camera is away for the day with another member of the family.
Best Regards,
Jonathan

·
Registered
80 Posts
hi

hi i have just looked at my subframe and there is no holes in that area at all but what i do no is that subframes are mot failures and being on the subframe dont think putting in a rubber bung would be a good idea i would have it welded for safety as its infront of where you sit not ur passengers lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Well welding isn't a problem, colleague of mine does body repairs etc.. so can get him to sort the matter out. It's very irritating being the only place in the whole subframe where there is a problem. The rest of the van is tidy and clear all trhought eh floorpan etc... The patch won't be more than 40mm square to account for safety etc...

Still, as you say it's in front of where I sit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts