Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have noticed what i think is gearbox oil leaking onto my drive way, i have had a quick look under the vehicle but i need to jack it up and get under properly an have a good look but its a bit wet here at the moment hopefully do that tomorrow.

I have noticed gear oil leaking off the bottom of the (i think its the crown and pinion case) which the two drive-shafts go into. Not sure yet if its a drive shaft leaking or if its coming from crown and pinion case, if its the crown and pinion case can this be unbolted and re-sealed with a gasket sealant? looking at a workshop manual it looks like the case can be unbolted but am unsure.

Gearbox is the 6 Speed box 2014 reg

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
Common problem , it's probably the driveshaft seals at each side of the diff casing, need to remove driveshafts to get at them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Does looks like it's coming from the drive shaft only one side the nearside.

Anybody know where I can get the driveshaft seals from? Don't think there is any Peugeot dealers around here for parts.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got mine from a Peugeot dealer in Linwood. I think they are dealer part but maybe ebay worth a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts