Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have an 08 peugeot expert its an E7 taxi. recently it developed an issue with the rear drivers side wheel. the brakes were sticking on i have changed the caliper twice also a new brake disk and both flexi pipes. the wheel now spins but not as freely as is should also when its up to temp i get the same feeling as before like im driving with my hand brake on but when i stop and jack it up the wheel spins. on friday night it was the same but when the rain started it ran more like normal im guesing the constant cold water was cooling what ever it is thats heating up and binding on .the cables all seem to be working as they should. has anyone had anything like this or any ideas as to what could be causing it? cheers in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok so now I've changed the pads put brand new peugeot pads on and still the same. The wheels are spinning when jacked up but when I'm driving I'm still getting the sensation that I'm driving with the brakes on it's like something is heating up and expanding causing drag

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok so now I've changed the pads put brand new peugeot pads on and still the same. The wheels are spinning when jacked up but when I'm driving I'm still getting the sensation that I'm driving with the brakes on it's like something is heating up and expanding causing drag
I had the same on my E7. Cured it by replacing the h/brake cable to that wheel. The outer cable on the old one had worn through where it's held by the wire clips to the chassis. Water and dirt got it and caused the inner cable to start seizing. New cable is about 30 quid. You'll probably find the lever on the caliper doesn't return to it's stop after you've pulled the h/brake on and released it.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts