Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 52 reg Expert with the 8v 110bhp engine. Just recently I have noticed a strong smell of fumes coming into the vehicle, I haven't got an exhaust leak and the smell is intensified if i put my foot down. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already checked the injectors and they are all ok, but I have noticed this morning what looks like sulphur on a pipe that's coming off the rocker cover next to the 2nd filler cap which could possibly be a breather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The egr was blanked off 3 years ago but the mechanic is going to check the blanking plate is not leaking.
I took it to the garage this morning and booked it in for Tuesday. The mechanic had a quick look and there appears to be a lot of sulphur around the top right hand side of the engine going towards the back. There is also sulphur all over the black square box on the bottom front of the engine which the oil filler is connected too. Hopefully I'll know more on Tuesday when they get it up on the ramp and can have a better look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts