Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to post this as I've only just signed up. Looking for a bit of advice for a Peugeot Expert Van 2003 model wishbone replacement. Got the old wishbone out easy enough but struggling to get the new one back in, have checked new wishbone with old one they're exactly the same its just squeezing it back in for all holes to line up etc is a pain. Any tips on which side to put in first or the ball joint first? Thanks.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fit ALL the bolts on the subframe side first do not fit the balljoint but leave them loose just in a few theads.

Remove the top of the 2 bolts holding strut to hub loosen the other one now you can pivot the hub while levering the lower arm down the bolt out the strut gives you more movement.

Once the balljoint is in put the pinch bolt in then tighten all the inner bolts on the arm once everything else is tight push the hub back in and fit the top bolt back in this is the best probably only easy way to do them i used to do 2 a week !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fit ALL the bolts on the subframe side first do not fit the balljoint but leave them loose just in a few theads.

Remove the top of the 2 bolts holding strut to hub loosen the other one now you can pivot the hub while levering the lower arm down the bolt out the strut gives you more movement.

Once the balljoint is in put the pinch bolt in then tighten all the inner bolts on the arm once everything else is tight push the hub back in and fit the top bolt back in this is the best probably only easy way to do them i used to do 2 a week !!
Sounds good will try it tomorrow. The part I'm struggling with most is where the bolts go up through the wishbone and through the holes on the anti roll bar its hard to line them up.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You need a lever on top of the bracket to hold it down as the bolts need to engage in the threads in the bracket if you get the hub loose you can guide the arm up so that it sits level so the gaps are less its not a fun job !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a lever on top of the bracket to hold it down as the bolts need to engage in the threads in the bracket if you get the hub loose you can guide the arm up so that it sits level so the gaps are less its not a fun job !
Managed to get everything bolted back up and a new disc and pad change all done too! Connected the brake pad wear sensor on the passenger side but it seems there was none on drivers side. Every time I press the brake the brake wear indicator light on the dashboard comes on. Rechecked sensor but still comes on. The cap was off the brake fluid reservoir when winding back in caliper piston so no air trapped in system. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
We just left the sensors disconnected this kept the light out they were not very reliable anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts