Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Ive got a Peugeot expert 1.9d 2004 van was running fine until the other morning started it up took off up the road and i felt it hold back then started white smoking missing farting about. Now when i start the van in the morning it runs spot on for the first minute the starts chugging missing and smoking bad almost to the point it cuts the van out. I would say the van is misfiring and the smoke is unburnt fuel any help would be appreciated

Things i have checked

1 Ive checked the timing pin holes everything lines up spot on

2 I've cracked each injector pipe when the engine is running fine 1st thing and they all make the engine note change when doing this

3 I've plugged it in to my little mac tools code reader and it is just say p100b performance

4I've unplug the air flow meter and egr valve made no difference

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi mate,
I fitted a used engine a while ago and that started off the button 1st time then after about 1/2minutes the engine note changed and started missing.

Water was pressurising in expsnsion bottle only slightly so thought head gasket.so changed gasket even though it looked ok.
Still the same 1/2 minutes ...!
Ended up being the head had a crack in it....!

Fixed it in the end though without taking head off again.
Hope you sort it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate,
I fitted a used engine a while ago and that started off the button 1st time then after about 1/2minutes the engine note changed and started missing.

Water was pressurising in expsnsion bottle only slightly so thought head gasket.so changed gasket even though it looked ok.
Still the same 1/2 minutes ...!
Ended up being the head had a crack in it....!

Fixed it in the end though without taking head off again.
Hope you sort it.

My water system doesn't pressure or lose any water it sounds like a miss fire and unburnt fuel out of the exhaust thanks for reply any body else had anything like this

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does the engine note change to a load diesel knock as they have problems with the 2nd fuel solenoid on them but also chech egr they are temperamental on them. If you increase the revs from the pump does the engine rock and shake.is it missing on tickover ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the engine note change to a load diesel knock as they have problems with the 2nd fuel solenoid on them but also chech egr they are temperamental on them. If you increase the revs from the pump does the engine rock and shake.is it missing on tickover ?

The engine doesn't sound knocky when its idling its really grunting struggling to stAy going and dumping loads of smoke out it worst at idle and when i rev it it better than at idle but it still not rite no real shaking or rocking bit but not mad when revving

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Removing the vacuum from a faulty EGR valve will NOT cure the fault if its stuck open its stuck open :)
I broke the little pipe that gos to egr but i think it was stuck shut so ive wedged it open no real great difference still smoking missing

Read the fault code just says p1boo(pd)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Removing the vacuum from a faulty EGR valve will NOT cure the fault if its stuck open its stuck open :)
I broke little vac pipe that gos to the egr but i think it was stuck shut so i have wedged it open but still makes no real difference still smoking missing engine does shake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don't want it open you want it shut assuming its the type I think it is !!

That fault code is gobledygook
Yea just thought i would wedge it open and see what happened so its shut now still the same ahh, the plunger on the filter housing when i primed it never realy Go's hard thought they get harder when you pump them?? Theres no air bubbles in fuel lines and ive pumped it when engine going still no difference

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea just thought i would wedge it open and see what happened so its shut now still the same ahh, the plunger on the filter housing when i primed it never realy Go's hard thought they get harder when you pump them?? Theres no air bubbles in fuel lines and ive pumped it when engine going still no difference

The engine runs so well first thing Its almost like the engine comes off choke then the revs pick up a little then starts pissing about

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What about the egr flap is that shut or open when you rev it ?

After many head scratching moments and a few swear words i fixed it i think was checking things then i thought il have a look through the paper work on it then looks like it had a clutch recently so thought id check crank sensor.
The plastic outer casing was damaged on it so new one ordered £11 euro parts fixed it.The sensor must of been breaking down once the van got going. Once the van was running i took for test drive parked it up revving then took off again normal it would chug again blow a bit of smoke so i booted it and would be ok again so I've unplug air flow meter seems fine now also the egr is still blocked off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there if your using supermarket fuel THEN STOP! That's where your smoke is coming from use non supermarket fuel when you change over from supermarket to esso/shell the first lot use premium 20/30 quid get the crap fuel out as the supermarket fuel has traces of water and high ethonol levels in!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Hello there if your using supermarket fuel THEN STOP! That's where your smoke is coming from use non supermarket fuel when you change over from supermarket to esso/shell the first lot use premium 20/30 quid get the crap fuel out as the supermarket fuel has traces of water and high ethonol levels in!
bollox

Fuel all comes from the same place ok yes there may be slight blend differences but its all the same !

You also failed to read that it was fixed !

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will find supermarket fuel is a lot worse then any others the company I work for doesn't allow us to use it after it packed one the the engines up ran all tests and it was there fuel had water in it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts