Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks...

Hoping some kindly knowledgeable soul here can help me out with a problem.

I've got an LDV Convoy Hiloader with the Peugeot 2.5TD ET70 engine in her. A week ago I was driving along and after having just exited a roundabout I was changing gear from 2nd into 3rd when the clutch cable suddenly snapped without warning right at the top of the clutch pedal.

Pulled over instantly to try to fix the problem at the side of the road. Managed to get going again without the clutch and limped home 4 miles away in 2nd gear using the accelerator and revving the engine to change gears.

Ordered a new clutch cable part number FKC1471. Registration number Papa 1 1 8 Delta Tango Alpha - P118DTA

On trying to fit the new clutch cable it appeared to be about 1 1/2" too short and the soldered nipple on the end just would not reach the clutch release arm.

The clutch release arm moves back quite freely but will not move to the front of the housing. It won't move past the halfway point. I've never had a problem with the clutch before nor the gearbox. This happened right out of the blue.

Could it be that the new clutch cable is too short or could it be that the clutch release arm which pokes out under the housing is the problem? What do you think? Would you be able to advise me please on what you believe or think the problem could be?

As I said the clutch release arm moves backwards OK but will not traverse the full length of the hole in the housing stopping halfway forwards. Is this normal? Because I have no idea.

If you could advise me it would definitely be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My post on Facebook to Club LDV asking the same question was just approved and kindly a guy stepped up to the plate to say all I need to do is to lever the clutch release arm forwards with a large screwdriver to move it forwards so the two (clutch cable and clutch release arm) can connect with one another.

If someone here could confirm this - this would be very much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts