Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a situation yesterday when I needed assistance whilst on motorway, I pressed peugeot emergency button and I was connected to peugeot in Germany, they could not help me but gave me the number of Peugeot UK who then organised emergency AA assistance.
I am thinking this should have connected me to UK base, how do I correct this situation, can anyone help please.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
My SOS button connected to a UK base ok, go through all of your touch screen settings to make sure you have the correct country set.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been into main dealer today regarding, amogst other problems, the fact the emergency button connected to operator in germany.

Their response was this is quite normal, you will either be connected to france or germany, when I made comment that this button was a complete waste of time he agreed with me and said it was of no use to a driver with a problem, if that's the case why bother to fit it and why lull people into a false sense of security that this button will help them when it clearly will not.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've been into main dealer today regarding, amogst other problems, the fact the emergency button connected to operator in germany.

Their response was this is quite normal, you will either be connected to france or germany, when I made comment that this button was a complete waste of time he agreed with me and said it was of no use to a driver with a problem, if that's the case why bother to fit it and why lull people into a false sense of security that this button will help them when it clearly will not.
I find the answer given by your dealer hard to believe and would be contacting Peugeot quoting the dealers comments. (https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/peugeot-uk/)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in contact with customer services regarding this matter.

Their initial response was that the slow response from the AA was down to the AA and I should take matters up with them, they completely disregarded the issue of the "German connection", sounds like a movie??, and outlined the fact the car has it's own sim and it will contact responders etc. I have replied to them asking for further comment, should this not move matters forward I shall raise an official complaint.

I am supprised that in this day and age they feel they can simply brush off a customers disatisifaction in such an under handed manner, is this what I should expect from peugeot, if it is this will be the last Peugeot I will buy, I like to change my car every two and half years!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am in contact with customer services regarding this matter.

Their initial response was that the slow response from the AA was down to the AA and I should take matters up with them, they completely disregarded the issue of the "German connection", sounds like a movie??, and outlined the fact the car has it's own sim and it will contact responders etc. I have replied to them asking for further comment, should this not move matters forward I shall raise an official complaint.

I am supprised that in this day and age they feel they can simply brush off a customers disatisifaction in such an under handed manner, is this what I should expect from peugeot, if it is this will be the last Peugeot I will buy, I like to change my car every two and half years!
I must admit that your entire experience sounds kind of out of the ordinary. i have a VERY different experience with both Peugeot customer service and the dealer.

Peugeot SOS SHOULD connect you to an emergency service in your own language (this is specifically stated on the Peugeot.dk website) and if it doesn't i would most definitely demand it to be set up correctly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe a little confusion here.
I am talking about the Peugeot assist button, NOT the SOS button, but thanks for all inputs.
I have just fired strong email off to Stephane Leguevel, UK MD for Peugeot so I will wait and see what she has to say

·
Registered
495 Posts
Maybe a little confusion here.
I am talking about the Peugeot assist button, NOT the SOS button, but thanks for all inputs.
I have just fired strong email off to Stephane Leguevel, UK MD for Peugeot so I will wait and see what she has to say
And after the first year when Peugeot assistance expires , what real use is the assist button , will it work with the AA or Rac , or do we have to sign up for another year with Peugeot assist ??

·
Registered
848 Posts
And after the first year when Peugeot assistance expires , what real use is the assist button , will it work with the AA or Rac , or do we have to sign up for another year with Peugeot assist ??
I got a letter through from the AA telling me my one year subscription was about to run out and did I want to renew. I didn't as I replaced the car so I expect I'll get another letter for my present car sometime in August.

I would assume from that, that the SOS button is only usable through the AA. I will not renew as I have a really good recovery package through Police Mutual.

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
I too think you need to go through the screen settings to ensure it on the UK setting.

The button should connect you to a UK contact.

Paul

·
Registered
765 Posts
I do admit I hadn't really paid this button much thought. I had the same arrangement on my DS5 and the missus has the same in her 508. In the citroen, it would go to a centralised call handler who spoke english and it was connected to the citroen assist service not directly to the brands chosen responder. I never needed it but had assumed whoever was most convenient for citroen would respond. When I bought the DS5 they were promising lots of other features like concierge service etc through the button but as usual all those big ideas evaporate. I suspect support for that stuff is far better in France. Mine is coming up for the year in 8 weeks I think or less so will look out for the letter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts