Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a '55 plate E7 taxi, thank God I don't own it!! There's an endless list of things that go wrong with it, here's what I can think of:
Totally gutless, spend most of the day with your foot to the floor to get anywhere. For all the difference the turbo makes may as well be normally aspirated! Tried an endless list of possible causes for the lack of power but no solution as yet.
Drinks diesel as if it's going out of fashion, mainly due to having to go around with your foot to the floor!
Eats front tyres/CV joints.
Electrics slowly falling to bits. Indicator switch, have to hold it down to get left hand indicators to work. Wiper switch on the way out as well. No intermittant wipe, wash wipe or single sweep.

Does anybody have a solution to the lack of power/turbo problems? The rest of it we could just about live with if only the thing would go!

·
Registered
89 Posts
You tried the simple stuff like checking for leaking or loose/disconnected pipes?

You tried plugging it in to a computer to get codes read?:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Billy Briggs

:lol:
I drive a '55 plate E7 taxi, thank God I don't own it!! There's an endless list of things that go wrong with it, here's what I can think of:
Totally gutless, spend most of the day with your foot to the floor to get anywhere. For all the difference the turbo makes may as well be normally aspirated! Tried an endless list of possible causes for the lack of power but no solution as yet.
Drinks diesel as if it's going out of fashion, mainly due to having to go around with your foot to the floor!
Electrics slowly falling to bits. Indicator switch, have to hold it down to get left hand indicators to work. Wiper switch on the way out as well. No intermittant wipe, wash wipe or single sweep.

Does anybody have a solution to the lack of power/turbo problems? The rest of it we could just about live with if only the thing would go!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sounds like it wouldnt pass its MOT , therefore unroadworthy!!!!!Dont forget you are carrying members of the public in a Licenced passenger carrying vehicle . In my town the Taxi licencing authority would have taken you off the road ages ago. What does your local Taxi Inspectorate think about it???

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's been in garages several times, all the obvious stuff has been checked, more than once.
You're not really giving us much to go on there. What was the garage's explanation? They saying there's nothing wrong? They saying there's something wrong but they don't know what it is? They tried to read the codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I've got a 56 plate and not had any major issues so far (just the usual tyres exhausts shocks etc.) There are many E7s' of that age and older running in my area without any of the problems you mentioned. I've know one guy who had a similar problem. Might be an idea to have the EGR Valve or air flow meter looked at.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like it wouldnt pass its MOT , therefore unroadworthy!!!!!Dont forget you are carrying members of the public in a Licenced passenger carrying vehicle . In my town the Taxi licencing authority would have taken you off the road ages ago. What does your local Taxi Inspectorate think about it???
This guys talking about power loss...not safety ffs. Most Taxis are tested twice a year to more stringent testing than any MOT...and that's from new so none of the 3 years MOT free. You probably begin most sentences "Those bloody Taxi drivers"...you have my sympathy for your lack of vision or ability to comprehend what you read.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, wee update. All the problems I mentioned have been sorted, thing was running great, plenty of power . . . . until the turbo went when the boss was driving it about a week ago!

Here's the question though, he was going to replace the turbo himself but can't find it?! Never having looked for it myself I can't give him any guidance. Where is the turbo located on the 1.9 diesel engine?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Basically you need a new wiper relay which is blue and you'll find it behind the glove box. You'll need a new indicator switch. The power problem maybe the turbo waste gate and a quick fix for that is to take the pipes off the solinoid and join them together with a tube, it's to the right of the water filler. These are all 5 minute jobs and if you get part from backers yard cheap to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts