Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on now nearly two weeks my e2008 (2020) broke down in the middle of the road as I was reversing out of my drive. The car wouldn't move at all, not even could it be pushed with the handbrake off. Three hours later the tow truck came and dragged it onto the truck towed it to the local Peugeot garage, Stoneacre Dewsbury. After a week not heard anything from the garage I called last Saturday told they was waiting for a part from Peugeot and apparently the part is not available. They was going to call me back Monday that never happened, As I have no other transport I have been asking for a hire car. After calling the garage again and finally getting through I spoke to someone on the service again they said they was going to speak to a manager and call me back, still waiting. I've had this
car now 11 months and its broken down twice I'm not an happy customer.
Car Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
That's such a shame and I would maybe go down to the Peugeot garage if you can and demand to talk to someone. They should be able to offer you something.

I must say some of the service some Peugeot garages give is not good, but without rubbing it in I have never had a problem with the garage I use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going on now nearly two weeks my e2008 (2020) broke down in the middle of the road as I was reversing out of my drive. The car wouldn't move at all, not even could it be pushed with the handbrake off. Three hours later the tow truck came and dragged it onto the truck towed it to the local Peugeot garage, Stoneacre Dewsbury. After a week not heard anything from the garage I called last Saturday told they was waiting for a part from Peugeot and apparently the part is not available. They was going to call me back Monday that never happened, As I have no other transport I have been asking for a hire car. After calling the garage again and finally getting through I spoke to someone on the service again they said they was going to speak to a manager and call me back, still waiting. I've had this
car now 11 months and its broken down twice I'm not an happy customer. View attachment 97995
car now 11 months and its broken down twice I'm not an happy customer. View attachment 97995
5 weeks have passed by and still waiting for the part to repair my car. Peugeot UK are as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!! Not an happy customer!!!!

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Its maybe something you don't want to hear, but I work in construction and the supply of materials has so difficult, that every sector is feeling it. You will be surprised what effect the Ukraine and Russia war has, as well as still issues from the pandemic. I am currently awaiting a back order for plastic window trims for my wifes 5008. been waiting 4 weeks for them and no sign of when they will be available as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its maybe something you don't want to hear, but I work in construction and the supply of materials has so difficult, that every sector is feeling it. You will be surprised what effect the Ukraine and Russia war has, as well as still issues from the pandemic. I am currently awaiting a back order for plastic window trims for my wifes 5008. been waiting 4 weeks for them and no sign of when they will be available as well.
Same with my part but had 3 different dates so far then nothing! I guess you still have your car? I haven't seen it for 5 weeks tomorrow.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
No quite. I recently purchased a second hand 5008 and the dealer took back the car to repair the window trims and do various other items I picked up with the car. They got all the other items down and the car just been with them for 4 weeks now just waiting for the window trims. Have discussed about taking the car back and them sending me the trims once they receive them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No quite. I recently purchased a second hand 5008 and the dealer took back the car to repair the window trims and do various other items I picked up with the car. They got all the other items down and the car just been with them for 4 weeks now just waiting for the window trims. Have discussed about taking the car back and them sending me the trims once they receive them.
Well hopefully get you sorted very soon cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

SNAP! Drove to my local Tesco on Saturday morning, flashed up a 'Traction Error' message part way there but was able to carry on and park normally. After finishing my shopping I got in and pressed the start button, got the 'Traction Error' and 'Gearbox Fault' messages and absolutely no movement. Peugeot Assist sent out the recovery truck and we couldn't even push the thing. Just like the OP it had to be dragged on plastic skates onto the lorry.
Too late to get it to the local Dealer so it had to wait until Monday morning and it has only just now gone into the workshop (Tuesday PM). No news yet but based on your experience it doesn't look good.
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Literally had a call from the garage as I hit 'Post'. They've plugged it in and reading between the lines, they don't know how to fix it. Waiting for instructions from higher up. Oh dear...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 99486

SNAP! Drove to my local Tesco on Saturday morning, flashed up a 'Traction Error' message part way there but was able to carry on and park normally. After finishing my shopping I got in and pressed the start button, got the 'Traction Error' and 'Gearbox Fault' messages and absolutely no movement. Peugeot Assist sent out the recovery truck and we couldn't even push the thing. Just like the OP it had to be dragged on plastic skates onto the lorry.
Too late to get it to the local Dealer so it had to wait until Monday morning and it has only just now gone into the workshop (Tuesday PM). No news yet but based on your experience it doesn't look good.
Fingers crossed!
Good luck hope all goes well it took almost 6 weeks for the part to come and be repaired, make sure you insist for a loan car it's an obligation under the warranty.

Mine was the finger actuator nightmare!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good luck hope all goes well it took almost 6 weeks for the part to come and be repaired, make sure you insist for a loan car it's an obligation under the warranty.

Mine was the finger actuator nightmare!!
It's not really an issue I have, but I'm jumping on because of what I quoted. My car had issues with the paint from delivery.
It' minor things, hardly visible from a meter away, but still visible if you look really close.

So it became a warranty case and I just got an SMS from the dealer saying that I need to hand it in in the beginning of August for fixing it. They estimate it to take 2 days.
So my reason for quoting this is, I can demand a loaner/free car right? Since it's a warranty case?

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
My car went back for paint defects and was given a curtsey car for the 4-5 days they had it. So yes you should as its out of your control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts