Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my car going into limp mode after my turbo breaking. I've had a recon turbo, a new DPF filter, wiring for the additive sensor cap repaired. £823 later still in limp mode. I've finally taken it to Peugeot. They have said the glow plugs need replacing and also the DPF needed going on to Peugeot network to match the cars ecu or something like that. They want to charge £60 for the diagnostic which is fine. But they want to charge £390 plus Vat for the rest. Where do I stand in terms of getting a friend to replace glow plugs and renew DPF on his laptop (not sure what program he uses) if it doesn't work?
Someone mentioned before about testing the airflow by removing it and doing a live data. My friend will be able to do that hopefully.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Flat out refuse the glow plugs. They dont affect the starting of the car until it gets into minus 7 and are a waste of money. They cant cause your car to go into limp mode.

Where abouts are you? Someone with PP2000 could help.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
From what I remember, It would do a regen with one (maybe two) faulty glowplugs according to reliable. Trouble with a member doing a diagnostic, it would likely shpw the P1351 error (glowplugs or glowplug relay). I've had this on every diagnostic I've ever done.

It is possible that the glowplugs are fine. It also wouldn't regenerate because of the faulty fuel cap sensor. Maybe if you take it for a blast down the motoway in 4th gear and high revs for 20 or so minutes it will regenerate. Best to do it when there is light traffic as it needs to run at high revs for a set amount of time without interuption.

Not sure of the timing or the rpm it needs to do a regen so would be an idea to research this first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts