Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,071 Posts
Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to decat a peugeot 407 2.0 hdi x line
yep it'll be possible but gotta ask why

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iv heard you can get more mpg and you also get a little more speed not as tho im bothered about the speed side of it just more miles per gallon.

·
5,071 Posts
Be better if you got rid of the FAP its twice the size of the CAT
and the fap restricts flow through the exhaust more than the cat.................also the cat reduces the emissions which could be an issue at MOT time

J

·
0 Posts
So unless you are a company car driver, the FAP fitted models offer no benefit... never realised they offered a choice.

C

·
0 Posts
Be better if you got rid of the FAP its twice the size of the CAT
Yeah, the X-Line was aimed at private buyers where the different taxation rules apply, so the X-Lines got no FAP, but extra kit instead - reverse sensors, CD changer, alarm, a few other bits. In trim terms they're pretty much an SE Lux without half leather.

Very nice motors indeedy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and the fap restricts flow through the exhaust more than the cat.................also the cat reduces the emissions which could be an issue at MOT time
a couple of mot inspectors have told me there shouldnt be a issue at mot if its a diesel.

·
5,071 Posts
go for it then:cool:
it appears theres 3 types,without your vin i can only guess so heres a pic of all 3

hope these help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks trem 1, thats been very helpful. I think its either picture 2 or picture 3 but im certainly looking into having the fap removed and leaving the cats on just in case it does breech the emisions law, thanks again mate tim.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Hi mate, much as I commend you for having searched and found an existing post, this one is 7 years old, so probably better you find a more recent one or start a fresh thread!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts