Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Today I was trying to connect my dvd player and touched. Minus and plus by accident for very short time. And after that my dashboard completely doesn't work and hazard lights button don't work and original cd player don't work no more. I checked all possible fuses in car and under the bonnet. Can someone help me? My car is Peugeot 1.4 hdi year 2003. Please help! I triple checked fuses. Tried to disconnect battery for 10 minutes too. Nothing...

·
Registered
364 Posts
You may do better posting this thread under the releavant section for your car. If you have checked ALL the fuses and they are all ok you will really have to get the car hooked up to diagnostics check here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/ see if there is a member local to you and speak to them. Alternatively a Peugeot independent garage but do check ALL the fuses first. If you do find a blown fuse disconnect the battery following the three minute rule before replacing it and always follow reconnection procedure when reconnecting the battery. Remember always disconnect the battery before carrying out any electrical work no matter how small, you will find the procedures here http://www.petercoopercarrepairs.co.uk/peugeot_bsi_reboot_procedure.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked every single fuse... I am desperate. I have no money what so ever... Just willing that anyone can give me a helping hand.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Don't know what members charge for a diagnostic as it tends to be by personal arrangement and some members offer more services than others, unfortunately if it isn't a fuse a diagnostic is one of the only things that can try and establish the problem and is certainly the easiest to impliment.

·
Registered
364 Posts
To be honest if you are sure all the fuses are OK then it is probably a fried BSI but it will need a diagnostic to prove this as the solution can be costly. Without actually examining the car I can't advise you further but I would urge you to double/triple check it is not a fuse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This happened to me once before, accidentally shorted the boot light on my 406 and the dash woudn't work, no overhead lights etc, turned out to be 1 popped fuse. New one in and problem solved. As others have said, check again thoroughly, I bet it's in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts