Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi Cut out wont restart?

Hi Guys,
The OH has got a 307 2006 1.6 HDI 110, it's just cut out on her way back from the shops, managed to tow her home but its refusing to fire up? oddly as well i noticed the electric windows aren't working either? (they were before?)

Looking for some starting points as I don't have ODB reader for the pug!:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know a lot about cars but I'm having problems with mine so been reading some posts some people are say that if the oil and water are not at the correct levels the engine won't start as a protection measure best of look

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
First post could be loads of things

Second post is absolute rubbish !!

Back to first post windows wont work because its now in economy mode this is NOT a problem merely a symptom economy mode WILL NOT stop it starting ignore that its not an issue and will go away once it fires.

As for most likely things
1 run out of fuel
2 timing belt failed
3 something electrical has failed cutting power to engine
4 key codes lost look up beep test and DO it

After 1-4 you need diagnostics not a micky mouse code reader proper diagnostics with live data while cranking codes wont find it live data will.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First post could be loads of things

Second post is absolute rubbish !!

Back to first post windows wont work because its now in economy mode this is NOT a problem merely a symptom economy mode WILL NOT stop it starting ignore that its not an issue and will go away once it fires.

As for most likely things
1 run out of fuel
2 timing belt failed
3 something electrical has failed cutting power to engine
4 key codes lost look up beep test and DO it

After 1-4 you need diagnostics not a micky mouse code reader proper diagnostics with live data while cranking codes wont find it live data will.
Hi Reliable406, thanks for the tips, just been and had a play with it (the car!) luckily I went for the fuel pump, had it out and made sure everything was free, voltage tested and that was ok, popped it back in and the cars started?? assuming either something got stuck or there's an intermittent fault on it?? so looks like i'll be fitting a new pump and see how it goes!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
1.6 HDI engines RARELY have a tank pump its just a sender most have a primer bulb at the front so if it does have a primer it will not have a pump they never have both.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
senders are all the same with or without pumps this is what causes confusion the sender unit is standard through the range some have pumps some dont ALL have wiring to the pump !!

Check for primer bulb at front thats the easiest way it will be under the engine cover near the air filter case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So changed the fuel sender and had no "episodes" til today when it cut out on me on a dual carriageway mid overtake!
Anyways AA called and towed me home and sent me this?

We have recovered your vehicle.Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 51R / Diesel EDC 16 C3 Status :p1351 - Glow duration control. Error Message : Faulty. Error static. Status :p0422 - Particle filter. Error Message : Signal error. Intermittent. Status :p0335 - Crankshaft position sensor. Error Message : Malfunction. Intermittent. Status :p0238 - Boost pressure sensor. Error Message : Open circuit/positive short. Intermittent.

Have looked around for someone who could red the car with Peugeot Planet but doesn't look like there's anyone near me? so looks like i'll e purchasing it myself and have a play!

Does the above read out give ring any bells with any of you Peugeot experts??

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Crank sensor fault is the only 1 in that list that would cause cutting out all others are symptoms BUT it does not mean fit a new sensor it means something on the crank sensor circuit is causing it it MIGHT be a faulty sensor but it could just as easily be wiring.

Problem is it could be a common feed or earth to ALL the things in that list causing the issue rather than any 1 thing

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
There are quite a number of 'intermittent' faults there. That often happens with some sort of fault in the electrical supply.

I would be checking wiring and fuses. Specifically removing ground connections, cleaning and replacing them. Check in fusebox in engine bay, remove and clean all fuses and look for signs of water. Remove and clean all fuses in bsi.

But before doing any electrical work, disconnect battery using the 3 min rule to put bsi to sleep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Purchased Diagbox and some leads and had a quick go last night after work, there was about 9 pages of historic faults and I managed to run off a quick global test, are there any guides out there to follow to interpret the data or some where I can post the findings for guidance?

Thx

anyone??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
First thing to do is to reset the list of faults after noting them down, then take the car for a spin and re-read the faults. Ones that reappear are the ones needing attention. But trying to base your entire fault curing mission on codes alone can lead you on a wild goose chase, you need to use the live data reading function as well as the fault code function to solve a lot of issues. Also, some issues will not generate a fault code, only live data could tell you what is wrong.

Post your code fault data here as a start.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Crank sensor is pretty easy to do on these and not that dear

The codes are very odd though might be a chaffed wire somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I´m from Spain and I´ve just arrived to this forum (also member of other Peugeot forum in Spain).
I´m writing to explain how to solve this problem in my case.
It causes engine cut-off in the road, so it´s a dangerous fault.
The issue is P1112 - Diesel high pressure monitoring function. Pressure lower than the minimum pressure.
I checked everything, injectors, low pressure pump relay, conections...
In my case I couldn´t start before 5 minutes, but I was able to operate electric windows, media system...

The solution was disassembly the regulator on the high pressure fuel pump and clean a very small filter located in the tip of the regulator
meat-doria. com/files/moveimg/105789.jpg
The right part, after the green gasket ring.

My engine is a 2.0 HDi, since your engine is a 1.6HDi, a common problem for this engine is the rail pressure sensor.
bluesparkautomotive .com/instructions/instructions/ford-psa1-6-1-4hdituningguide

Remove spaces between URL, due to antispam problem (this is my first message)

Bye!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi matabufalez, my OH?s car is now back on the road and running fine after having the crankshaft sensor replaced, have run a full diagnostic and car is clear of any faults! Good luck with yours! ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi matabufalez, my OH?s car is now back on the road and running fine after having the crankshaft sensor replaced, have run a full diagnostic and car is clear of any faults! Good luck with yours! ??
Hello,

My car is working fine at the moment, the problem explained on my previous post was a possible solution to your problem, but anyway I´m happy to read your problem got solved!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can you please help me have 307 it's just cut today wen was driving try to start it it's just crank for some second and cut off can you help its a petrol engine

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Best to start a new thread and give as much info on the car(engine type, year, service history etc) so that we can start to make some suggestions as to how to help you. Help us to help you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts