Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken my car in for it's second service and the service manager said "it would be the last time I see them". I asked why and she replied that Peugeot are closing the dealership, not Pentagon the dealership owner. The whole building is being closed which includes a Fiat franchise too. It's a shame as it was local and I could get there easily but I feel for the staff. Wholesale redundancy!

Is this a portent of things to come?

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Just taken my car in for it's second service and the service manager said "it would be the last time I see them". I asked why and she replied that Peugeot are closing the dealership, not Pentagon the dealership owner. The whole building is being closed which includes a Fiat franchise too. It's a shame as it was local and I could get there easily but I feel for the staff. Wholesale redundancy!

Is this a portent of things to come?
sounds to me like pentagon closing the branch not Peugeot as if it was peugeot the the fiat branch would still be there

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Well if they're like Scunthorpe and charge £130/HR labour they should be coining it in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I went to collect my car I enquired a bit further. I was told that "effectively" Peugeot pulled the plug because Pentagon would't or couldn't meet their branding and other needs in the showrooms eg specific chairs, tables, screens etc, etc. The Fiat side is closing because Fiat business couldn't support the whole premises.

So I suppose it is Pentagon's decision but pushed by Peugeot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well the Richard & Hardie Ashington branch is no more, and Robins and Day Newcastle has closed and it's now owned by Wingrove??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Manufacturers are doing this to a lot of dealers they are pushing for more upmarket looks but dealers simply cannot afford the outlay so end up loosing the franchise so in the case of the OPs dealer it is the dealer closing BECAUSE of peugeot

·
Registered
388 Posts
Strange about Robins and Day Newcastle though changing hands as they're directly owned by PSA Group?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Seems Wingrove are already a DS & Citroen dealer.
It makes perfect commercial sense to off load the running costs associated with a Dealership and put it into the hands of them
Selling their Pugs with no outlay!

Grumpy

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
We lost a good franchised dealer last year probably for the same reason. Now stuck with R & D who no longer sell spares.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
We lost a good franchised dealer last year probably for the same reason. Now stuck with R & D who no longer sell spares.
Robins & Day don't sell spares? That's a sensible move!!:confused:
You mean you coudn't even buy some wiper blades if you wanted them?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
They only sell spares from one dealership in West London, so you can only buy mail order. Local branch used to have a spares dept. so you could be sure of getting the right part by looking at the microfiche [or computer screen as they are now known] with the parts guy. No longer possible. Tried to get a dip stick out of them last year. still waiting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
They only sell spares from one dealership in West London, so you can only buy mail order. Local branch used to have a spares dept. so you could be sure of getting the right part by looking at the microfiche with the parts guy. No longer possible. Tried to get a dip stick out of them last year. still waiting.
Microfiche? What the hell is that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Old fashioned, used in libraries and the newspaper industry a lot to record back copies on to slides. It's a machine that enlarges the slides for ease of viewing.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Will it be run by the Simpson family by any chance? :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts