Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.

I have fault with my Peugeot automatic transmission ,
Car will not start without press down brake pedal.
Dashboard still flashing to press down brake to start engine.
Brake switch with 4 wire, all wire is OK/have alredy check it.

So... Where is the fault please?
Have to replace Engine ecu or BSI?

Can't remember dtc codes but i think it was somethings like "brake switch CAN present"

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

·
3,278 Posts
Hi...is that a fault or a safety feature?..even in manual cars I press the brake and clutch before starting..has this happened suddenly....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the problem is with this car,
Engine still not start after press down brake pedal.
Still flashing to press down to start.

·
3,278 Posts
Ah,,,sorry...so you are depressing the brake pedal and the car thinks you're not and flashes a warning....

·
12,138 Posts
Just replace the brake switch. They're only a few quid and known to fail over time.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The brake switch is actually 2 sets of switches 1 circuit is obviously not working for some reason 1 set does the lights and the other in your case does the auto interlock system on a manual car it is tied in with the cruise control

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The brake switch is actually 2 sets of switches 1 circuit is obviously not working for some reason 1 set does the lights and the other in your case does the auto interlock system on a manual car it is tied in with the cruise control
Hello friend,
I have alredy replace/try with 3 brand new brake switch.
So my fault is not with my switch.
I need help
Where is my problem? Should problem be with my bsi or ecu?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi mate,
I have come across some "cheap" brake switches in the past for Peugeot cars.
The vast majority of the ones I have seen only have 1 switch system installed, although the look identical to the OEM ones.
These "cheap" switches will not work with later model Peugeot cars as they all, manual and automatic, have a safety and security system where you have to hold the "Brake" pedal down to start. If the second "Switch" is not present your car will not start as the ECU/BSI cannot detect the signal from the second switch.
You will need to check the continuity of the contacts on the switch to make sure both sides are open when the switch is pressed.
Just had a look on my "Service Box" and it seems that some of the early models had a single pole switch, even on the Automatics and the car did not have its "Brake" pedal depressed to start.
On later models there was a twin pole switch that required the Brake pedal to be depressed to start. It looks as if this could be deleted by the use of PP2000 so that the old single pole switch could be used and the car would be able to start without the Brake pedal being depressed.
If you don't have access to PP2000 you could establish which wires are relevant then cross those for the sensor and try to start your car. If this is done correctly and doesn't work you have one of 3 problems.
Full BSI reset or faulty BSI.
Faulty ECU or reset function required via PP2000,
Broken or faulty wire.
Sorrty I can't be of more help and hesitate to suggest, but do suggest, the use of a good Auto Electrician.
Hope you have it sorted soon
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts