Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon :)

I've had my 308 for a few weeks now, and cannot get the 'My Peugeot' app to sync properly with the car.

Could anyone confirm if my 308 2014 is compatible? As in it should sync the total miles, trip history, fuel level etc?
According to the Peugeot website the app is compatible with any 308 with Bluetooth.

I have tried reinstalling the app and reconnecting my iPhone 7 to the car, but nothing seems to work.

The 'driving' tab in the app just doesn't appear at all.

Any ideas? Or is it just not compatible?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the 308SW 2014. Sometimes the car does not sync, but it then sync the next time.

So your car should be compatible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, it's a strange one then and I can't seem to find anyone else having the same problem.

The driving tab just doesn't seem to show up no matter what I do or how many times I reconnect it all.

Could it be related to the firmware my SMEG unit is running perhaps? I know it's rather out of date. So I'm now wondering if updating that would fix it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes sometimes the app doesn't sync. I find that force closing the app seems to sort it next time the car is stopped and switched off.

But it sounds like it's just not working properly in your case. What phone are you using?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sometimes the app doesn't sync. I find that force closing the app seems to sort it next time the car is stopped and switched off.

But it sounds like it's just not working properly in your case. What phone are you using?
Tried that as well :(

I am using an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS installed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is weird - I've never come across that before. Unless anyone else on here can advise I'd probably try calling them on the number within the App (0800 083 3000). Good luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is weird - I've never come across that before. Unless anyone else on here can advise I'd probably try calling them on the number within the App (0800 083 3000). Good luck!
Might have to do that then :(

I did try emailing them about it but they just said they recommend taking to a Peugeot dealer, but they'll probably charge me just for getting them to help won't they? :rolleyes:

Also, couldn't see it in your screenshot, but does it say your cars current fuel level also?

Thanks for your help though :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it does but on the Homepage tab
Handy then (if mine ever works :D)

I was thinking it could be because my Smeg's firmware is out of date (I think its the oldest version installed), and maybe thats not compatible with syncing with the latest 'My Peugeot' app? Do you know what version your firmware is?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you pair app with car entering cars VIN? LinkMypeugeot work fine with no problem for over a 16 months now.
Yep, when I first downloaded the app it asked me for my VIN and total miles which I entered, and have since also tried removing the car from the app and re-adding it with the VIN several times. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
On Friday my app stopped showing the history of my journeys, lost all the car details and wanted to be set up again from scratch

I was a little annoyed as I like the history records

This evening the app decided to work again, loading all the journeys I had made since Friday and remembering my car details. The only strange thing was it had forgotten the last fuel price entered??

Seems a little odd, but pleased it is working again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts