Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I believe you may be able to help me?

My wife's 807 (06 plate) won't start. Her key fob fell apart at a set of lights and she has been towed to a main dealership. The RAC have said they think that it's the immobiliser?

I've done some research on the net and it could possibly be that she has lost the transponder from fob? I'm not even sure if they contain one, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, if this is the case could you tell me if you are able to help?

I have a Peugeot Card which has a xxxx Code on it

Many thanks in advance

Bazza

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Trustme,

Thank you for your response.

The key part is the easy bit - just switch over the old key part.

It's the programming that's the problem - How do I go about getting that sorted? Would I still end up having to get ripped off by a main dealership?

Thanks again

Bazza

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Trustme,

Do you have any further help/advice, or is the only solution now a main dealership?

Many thanks

Bazza

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
You need your 4 digit pin that I can sell you or you can get this from the dealers or you may already have it with the car documents on a credit card size plastic card

They if you have a read of the introduction section of this forum and read the new members faq you will know how to contact a member with what is needed to program the key

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Trustme,

I'm unable to send a private message as I have not had 20 posts and there is no Email button at the bottom of your posts

The dilemma I have is whether I need to obtain a new key?

My wife's 807 (06 plate) won't start. Her key fob fell apart at a set of lights and she was towed to a main dealership. When the RAC ran a diagnostic test they have said that it's the immobiliser?

I have assumed that the issue was caused by the keys coming apart. However, I've put the keys back together and replaced the battery. The doors/windows open and close but the engine still will not start - there's nothing when you turn the key?

We have spoken to the dealership and they want something like £85 just to put it through their diagnostic machine.

Do you think that it could be just the key? Does it go into lock down if too many attempts have made and would need to be reset by the dealership?

I could buy your key, but still find that it doesn't work?

Do they have me over a barrel?

Thanks for your advice

Bazza

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hi Trustme,

I'm unable to send a private message as I have not had 20 posts and there is no Email button at the bottom of your posts

My wife's 807 (06 plate) won't start. Her key fob fell apart at a set of lights and she was towed to a main dealership. When the RAC ran a diagnostic test they have said that it's the immobiliser?

I have assumed that the issue was caused by the keys coming apart. However, I've put the keys back together and replaced the battery. The doors/windows open and close but the engine still will not start - there's nothing when you turn the key?

We have spoken to the dealership and they want something like £85 just to put it through their diagnostic machine.

Do you think that it could be just the key? Does it go into lock down if too many attempts have made and would need to be reset by the dealership?

Thanks for your advice

Bazza
first of all please have a very very good read here You need to get it on planet/diagbox to read the codes and have a look at live data have a good read here it explains how to contact a member http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

then have a good search on read on the forum as you will find a lot of the answers from other posts

then try the following:
after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Trustme,

Thanks for your advice

Bazza

Hi, where are you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi both,

I'm trying to get my son to check out the car today to see if the following happens:

after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition

I have also searched the forum as advised.

I assume if the car beeps then I would need to carry out the following (Please confirm whether my assumption is correct):

synchronizing-
key in ,
turn ignition on ,
don`t start car ,
hold lock button on key for 10 seconds ,
turn car off remove key ,
insert key start car ,
remove key exit car and try fob to lock car.

Once again, thank you very much for all your help.

BazzaBB

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hi both,

I'm trying to get my son to check out the car today to see if the following happens:

after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition

I have also searched the forum as advised.

I assume if the car beeps then I would need to carry out the following (Please confirm whether my assumption is correct):

synchronizing-
key in ,
turn ignition on ,
don`t start car ,
hold lock button on key for 10 seconds ,
turn car off remove key ,
insert key start car ,
remove key exit car and try fob to lock car.

Once again, thank you very much for all your help.

BazzaBB
"synchronizing" is only for the remote and this would not stop the car starting its only for if the remote stops working but the car still starts

"after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition" if it does not beep the car is not seeing the transponder in the key so will not start as the ecu is in a locked state, this could mean the key or something on the car is faulty

you could take the key to any place that makes car keys and ask if they can put the key in a cloning machine and id it to see if the transponder can be still read, if the transponder can not be read i think them keys have it built on the pcb and have an Arial on the pcb to transmit the data, if it does have an Arial then they can be replaced if you know how to solder

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys,

I'm sorry I never said thank you for all your support.

It ended up being a problem with the starter motor.

Many thanks

Bazza

1 - 18 of 18 Posts