Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an immobilizer fault, if I take out the key innards and hold it tight against the removed transponder ring and squeeze it starts. I only have one key so if I decide to swap out keys transponder etc what exactly would I need. Many Thanx.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Sounds like either the key is faulty or the decoder ring is faulty neither is worth an ECU swap !!

Try another decoder ring first 1 off any peugeot will fit from 2000 till around 2010

If that does not help it may well be the key

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peugeot 807 lock set help

I beg to differ about the ecu swap as a new key is £100+ then I need to get it coded.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Sounds like a defective keyfob module. Use a magnifying glass, and see if you can spot any "foreign matter" which may be creating a partial short. It may be worth cleaning it with electrical switch cleaning spray and a nylon brush (test the brush with the spray first!)

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
You might get another ecu set with a weak key too but there are a whole host of other compatibility issues with changing ecu sets you need to consider

Mileage
Electric doors
Radio type
Display type
Folding mirrors
Along with lots of other minor variations in programing between models

If you dont have planet then fixing/replacing the key IS the best option.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

So I've worked out that I'd I hold the remote innards with the mini coil directly onto the wound coil part of the receiver it works but any further away it doesn't.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
That simply confirms what has already been said either the key is faulty or the decoder ring is faulty you can get a key done for less than your quoted £100 but the ring is worth doing first as its cheap even new

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
No you cannot use a second hand key.

Thats not strictly true there are ways of reusing keys but without a good knowledge of what your doing its not practical

Call a local locksmith for a quote

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

So I don't know where to get a key and remote for under £150. Certainly not la than £100.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts