Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2 HDI model, which has the excess turbo pressure problem, on investigating I have found a pipe which doesn’t go anywhere (hopefully the cause) can anyone advise or check on there vehicle where this pipe should connect to. Thanks

Attachments

·
5,978 Posts
That hose is just the drain that connects to the slide in skuttle section below passenger side wipers.

The first thing i would be looking at is the swirl valve diaphragm as its a known failure point and can give overboost fault codes.

Its located on the passenger side of the cylinder head with a small arm going down to inlet manifold. Easy check is to disconnect the vacuum feed to the unit and plug the end of the pipe and see if the fault goes away

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve plugged the pipe but the lights still on, will I need to delete the code then try it. It’s usually fine untill it gets up-to temp then engine management light comes on. Is it safe to run it with pipe blocked up

·
5,978 Posts
Yes safe to run (i ran my old 807 that way for over a week while waiting for the part)

The light should go out after three journeys if the fault does not reoccur if you have no access to code reader etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Peugeot planet so can delete the code then take it out for a run, doesn’t seem to be any suction in the pipe I take it I’ve got the correct pipe it goes onto a thin long connector which sticks just below swirl housing to right from top of swirl housing

·
5,978 Posts
It's a thin skinny hose and connects to the top side of actuator housing (round section arm goes into). There will be no vacuum at idle the valve only opens when driving.

There is thread on here with pictures where someone has changed the unit

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had all the pipes off after a water leak resulting in the thermostat housing being replaced I’m thinking maybe one of the thin pipes had been reconnected to incorrect port, causing the problem. Do you know which port the other end of the pipe connected to the unit should be connected to. I have it on a long thin pipe below and to right of unit , but I think 2 pipes are connected down there thinking may be wrong way round

1 - 7 of 7 Posts