Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a peugeot 807 none runner, many various faults.
had dpf and cat cleaned , new cam sensor crank sensor, new glow plugs as relay was stuck so chance they were fried. fitted new glow relay as well.
checked cam sensor and is in sync, so pp says.
pp is showing faults on additive system, pump fault injector fault and low additive, there is about 5ooml of it in the additive tank, pp saying only 260gramms.
Turns over ,maybe not as fast as i would expect though, .
Alas the damn thing will not start, checked fuel to injectors and fuel is there, .
any ideas or further checks i may need to do , feel free to advise.
But as far as i am aware should still start even with additive fault.
thanks in advance. cant delete this thread , gone on twice sry .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Stab in the dark here but check for an earth fault, had it on my old 406, turned out to be a bad earth on the radio, I'm not a mechanic granted and could be a waste of time but maybe worth a check with a multimeter :). hopefully someone more mechanically minded will assist further. hope you resolve it soon.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Is the pump in the tank working?
Watch the fuel filter housing in the engine bay as someone else switches the ignition on, you should see it visibly swell if the pump in the tank is OK. You can't hear it running.
Probably worth changing the fuel filter as there might be water in the fuel tank.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Does the car beep at you when you open the drivers door with the key in the ignition. May have lost the key information and it's not unlocking the ecu. This will prevent the injectors operating which is how it immobilises the car. Might just need the key reprogramming.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi had 2.0l hdi did engine swap car had been stood awhile before i purchased it engine was u/s.done the swap had everything like yours fuel etc did post on here they said to tow start it took two attempts around our workshop and it started and it started every time after that must of towed it 1/4-1/2 mile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts