Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys first post on a forum so please be gentle with me

i have recently purchased a 2001 2.0l auto 806
first thing in the morning it starts first flick of the key and has a misfire which will clear when revved or if i switch off engine and instantly restart, occasionally it kicks the engine management light on which i plug my diagnostic into and the fault reads "misfire detected" i can reset and everything is fine for the rest of the day, no misfire, no loss of power, no white smoke, no emulsified oil, nothing unusuall at all.
i have checked everything i can find and recognise(which isnt too much as i am old school mechanic and mgb's and landy's dont have these gadgets and gizmo's everywhere)
can anyone shed any light on my problem or have i just brought a lovely looking pup?

thanks in advanced
alf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cold Start Misfire

Hi Alf,

I have had a similar problem intermittently. I solved it by chance initially by discovering there was a hole in the carbon canister this is a black cylinder under the car at the rear towards the nearsidewith two pipes running out of it. Essentially what it does is to absorb petrol fumes from the tank so that they don't pollute the air. Periodically when the car is running the ECU opens a valve and ventilates the fumes into the induction system. The problem is if the canister or pipework is leaking to the atmosphere when the valve opens you get a great gulp of unmeasured air so the car misfires until the llambda sensors tell the ECU the mixture is too weak and it then increases the injection pulse to richen the mixture. I suggest you check the canister and the pipework and valve allthe way through the system.

One other alternative is a problem with the exhaust gas recirculation system. If you have the 16 valve engine the EGR valve is on the nearside rear of the cylinder head with an electrical connector attached to it. If you dosconnect this the car should still start and run. If that cures the problem then your egr circuit is faulty. disconnecting will put the engine management warning light on but mine goes out again once I reconnect.

hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.