Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 1996 Peugeot 806 1.9 SRDT with the ABS light on.
The ABS light came on while driving along and never went out.
There have been a couple of seperate occasions when the light has gone out while driving along but it always comes back on.
I had the code read and it came up fault code 21 Power Output Security Relay.
Could anybody throw any light on where this relay is located. I know there is a sealed box located on the top right hand corner of the ABS Pump (BENDIX) called the service plate which contains relays which i wondered may be causing the fault.
Help will be very much appreciated as the MOT is due in just under a month and it will obviously fail with this fault.

Many Thanks
RW1806

·
Registered
118 Posts
A lot of ABS faults are traced to the wheel sensors, as these get all the salt spray. A fault in any of the connectors will give you an ABS light error.

I think the sensors are on the NS rear and OS front. find them, and unplug them, check connections and re-attatch.
They operate on very low voltages, and if you need to check them, use a meter that has a diode check function. You should get a pulsed output when you spin the wheel.

I had an ABS fault light up on my 206, which is interesting because I don't have ABS fitted!
This was due to corrosion too - but I suppose all the electrical system is the same - including the bulbs!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts