Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Peugeot 607 2.0l deisel (52 plate - from new) and it has developed a very mysterious fault. The turbo will not cut in below 3000 RPM - when it eventually cuts in it is fine.

The local Peugeot dealer has had the car for 2 weeks now and cannot find the problem. They confirm that the turbo is not cutting in below 3,000 revs but say that all the indications, diagnostics etc. are OK. So far the bill is £400 but the problem is still not fixed - they are stumped and are now grasping at straws, changing bits and pieces in the hope that something will fix it.

Has anyone had or seen a similar problem as this? Any help/advice would be most gratefully received!

Dave J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Straw grasping?

Mr P seems to be stumped - the car still isn't fixed.

He has now ordered a "particulate filter" (second catalytic converter) in the hopes that this will fix it.

I hope it does too - second cat. is costing £450!

I shall let you know the result

DaveJJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still knackered...

Peugeot have now changed the "particulate filter" but hasn't cure the fault.

They have now e-mailed Peugeot in France to see if they have any ideas. Apparently they are not able (allowed) to contact Peugeot (France) by phone, only by e-mail. Not very efficient.

This has been going on for well over a month now...:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally fixed - but how???

Well, Mr P finally fixed the problem and the car is running fine.

When I asked them what it was they would only say "it was a number of things - nothing specific, just lots of little things in combination". They would not elaborate any further. Personally I think it was a loose plug or something that for some reason they were too embarrassed to admit. I just wanted to know - something as simple as a loose plug can be a devil to find and can cost a lot in manhours. Strangely they would not charge for ANY of the time that they spent on fixing the car - stranger and stranger, I wonder why?

I hope it doesn't do it again...

G

·
Get in touch with peugeot HQ and explain the full story

Demand to know what exactly was changed in the end to cure the problem, after all its your car so you have a right to know whats being done to it

Back up your claim with receipts if possible, with any luck you'll be entitled to a part refund on the particulate filter bit (thats if they did actually charge for these parts?)

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
don`t quote me on this one but i was told (by a mechanic in a dealership )any part a dealer takes of and changes they have to prove it is faulty to peugeot for any refund from peugeot, because they were changing parts that didn`t need too and it was costing peugeot a bomb,it now puts a lot of pressure on the dealer to find the fault , i know this doesn`t help you , but it`s just a bit of information.:topic:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts