Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my parking sensors have malfunctioned.
Instead of the usual tone when I egage reverse gear there is a long continuos beep (approx 3-4sec) and then nothing.

From reading the manual, this is due to a malfunction.

My Investigations So Far:

1. All sensors are clicking when reverse is engaged

2. I have disconnected the control module and checked all wiring to and from.

3. I do not have a towbar so it is not the problem of crossing 7 and 13

The only thing I have left to do is remove the bumper and check for a wiring fault to the sensors themselves but as all sensors are clicking I do not think this is the problem.

Has anyone ever solved this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try reversing a close as you can to a wall this should reset the detection system. Then switch the engine off and try it again. This should clear any previous malfunctions. If that fails try cleaning the sensors with methylated spirits, don't use anything that leaves a film on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I have tried the reversing up to a wall as close as I can get (about 5mm) and switching off the engine. This did not work.
I have also cleaned sensors with rubbing alcohol but this did not fix it either.

Anyone else with a solution?

I am getting it hooked up to a computer tonight to see if this fires a code for where the fault is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
With the Peugeot system any globe etc that is integrated to another circuit will trigger errors. In your case it sounds as though the software/ or sensors are defective, try turning the reverse sensors off via the multifunction screen.:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
johnc said:
With the Peugeot system any globe etc that is integrated to another circuit will trigger errors. In your case it sounds as though the software/ or sensors are defective, try turning the reverse sensors off via the multifunction screen.:thumb:
I can't switch them off via the multifunction as I only have the rear sensors and they are integrated to work all the time.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ecooney, JohnC is right.. you have a software error somewhere..

I had the same problem and gave up trying.. Please remember that there is not hardware error.. if you go to Peugeot that will kindly charge £245 plus for to replace it..

My problem was automatically fixed when the mainboard and ecu had the software update..

good luck !!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ecooney said:
Has anyone else got any suggestions for this fault?

I'm really getting sick of the beeping :(
common fault... you need to change the PDC ecu, which comes as a whole kit..

symptoms are, when reverse gear is select one beep followed by a long beep..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts