Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have bought my second Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi, its great and I pure love it..

the only thing is the fuel consumption, Im only getting 24.8mpg whereas it should be around 40mpg plus..

please suggest if I need to get something specific changed.. the car has full service history..

I regularly check tyre pressures, I have no tow bar, no roof box..

please please please advise..

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
Hi all,

I have bought my second Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi, its great and I pure love it..

the only thing is the fuel consumption, Im only getting 24.8mpg whereas it should be around 40mpg plus..

please suggest if I need to get something specific changed.. the car has full service history..

I regularly check tyre pressures, I have no tow bar, no roof box..

please please please advise..

According to psa you should be getting around 47mpg (combined).
Are there any obvious signs of leaks or a smell of diesel in the car?

Here are some common possibilitys-
~ Air filter element dirty or clogged.
~ Fuel injection system fault.
~ Ignition timing incorrect or ignition system fault

Before you start the car from cold check the fuel lines there may be a leak,when the car warms up thes can swell shut. Could be anything from a drip,drip to a sweat.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply mate,

to be honest there is nothing obvious, I get the car regularly serviced. The car had a major service done. Dont understand whats wrong.. any other suggestions ???

·
Registered
862 Posts
When it was serviced i take it they checked the timing? It could be a faulty injector. Is the car behaving itself otherwise?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate, the car itself is fine.. it was serviced last week.. unless the garage are ripping it..

booked it in for a major service, which I think is nothing different to a 41 point service (£94) or the major service that I had (£141).. I kept asking the bird at the reception what does it include and she didnt have a scooby..

con artists..

·
Registered
862 Posts
It might be worth having a diagnostic done as you must be shelling out a packet on fuel. Stupid question but the a/c isnt swiched on all the time (not that it would make such a large difference)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah perhaps I should prepare myself to get shafted by the dealers..

and no, the AC is not on all the time.. Car seems to be fine though..

do you reckon if taking the battery off for a wee while to reset the ECU would do the trick ??

please advise

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
yeah perhaps I should prepare myself to get shafted by the dealers..

and no, the AC is not on all the time.. Car seems to be fine though..

do you reckon if taking the battery off for a wee while to reset the ECU would do the trick ??

please advise
Wont do any harm,its got to be worth a try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What battery and how long should it be taken off to reset the ECU?

Can I have some more information on this as I am getting fuel consumption of 30mpg with my 607.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we were refferring to the negative terminal of the starter battery.. but that does not make any difference..

you said that yours is doing 30mpg which in town is good.. you will find that on a motorway/steady driving you can achieve upto 45mpg..

also depends whether you have been taking care of your car, when did you last change your fuel filter, the air filter and the oil ??

DO NOT TAKE THE BATTERY OFF, the ECU only records your driving habits and wont make any difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've bought this car on 01/10/08 and have done a major service (plus brake fluid change) at local Peugeot dealer few days later. The car has a full service history and to be honest I can't find any faults with it at the moment (finger crossed won't find any ;). There was a problem with "Tyre damaged" warning coming up but it was easily fixed by inflating all tyres. So if you're saying there's no point in resetting ECU then I won't bother doing it.

4 problems came up during the global check at Peugeot dealer on 06/10/08 though:

1. Automatic transmission control unit
Remote permanent fault. Brake signal.

2. Driver's door module
Permanent fault. Electric window opening output. On the driver's side. Short circuit.
Permanent fault. Up-down sensor output, out of range. Driver's side rear view mirror.
Permanent fault. Right-left sensor output, out of range. Driver's side rear view mirror.

3. Multi-function display
Permanent fault. Steering wheel audio control stalk. Contact jammed. For more than 1 minute(s).
Intermittent fault. Offset keypad (contact jammed. For more than 1 minute(s) and 55 second(s)).

4. Diesel fuel additive control unit
Intermittent fault. Diesel tank cap signal.

Is this something I should worry about and needs to be fixed? As I mentioned earlier the car drives beautifully and can't find any faults with it.

Please advise.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry about the delay in response bigman...

nae need to worry about the above errors, if the ECU detects any unsual it records it in the history incase it is related to any repairs PSA might want to do..

simply get it cleared and holla...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
piotrpakos said:
But the fuel consumption of 25mpg could be a bit lower :/
is it while driving in the town?? 25 to 27 mpg seems alright.. because its an auto..

·
Registered
7 Posts
My auto averages 34 mpg urban driving and 40+ long run. On a trip to France I can cruise at 65 mph and get 45+ mpg easy. Drop to just about 55 mph and I get nearly 50 mpg!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doug said:
My auto averages 34 mpg urban driving and 40+ long run. On a trip to France I can cruise at 65 mph and get 45+ mpg easy. Drop to just about 55 mph and I get nearly 50 mpg!
agreed.. Im the same.. really depends how you drive really..

at times, I had also done 25mpg in the town.. too many light, too much stopping...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts