Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering whether it's time to replace a timing/cambelt in my Peggie. It's 2004 and 75k miles on the clock. If so, should I replace the belt only or the full set? I've heard that there is also a water pump that has to be replaced with the belt.

Please advise.

PS. Cambelt hasn't been replaced since new.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
alright mate..

I strongly recommend to change the whole kit, its additional £34 for the tensioners but trust me mate it will save whole load of hassle..

Personally, I would also change the water pump, again its not that expensive but if its faulty after the timing belt then it will cost you a fortune...

I got mine changed a 70K for a peace of mind and changed the whole lot..

let us know if you need more help..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply m8.

In this case I'll change the whole lot including the water pump in the end of December as soon as I arrive to Poland (I hope I'll get there without any problems on the way ;-).

By the way, do you know anyone in South Yorkshire (Sheffield) who knows 607 well and can do some servicing for me now and then. Instead of paying a fortune to the Peg Dealer I would prefer to pay an individual as long as the job is done in professional manner.

Again, thanks for your support.

PS. Do you know if there are sensors in the brake pads in my Peg and the warning message will come up when they are due to be replaced or not. When I've done the full inspection on the beginning of October I was advised that front pads were 50% and the rear ones were 30% left. Should I replace them in December or should I wait for the warning message?

Please advise.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I would recommend not to take to any other dealer or mechanic for this mate.. its not a service or a filter change.. Timing belt needs to be done correctly as it is the heart of the engine.. atleast if something goes wrong, they give full guarantee..

yes, I agree the labour rate of £60 an hour is a bit steep but trust me if you want to keep the car on a longer run, you will know its done to its best and you will feel good behind the wheel.

The Pad wear sensors are standard on 607, pads are very easy to change.. I would say it would take a max of 1 hour for the front, two nuts to take the calliper off and hola.. £13 for the pads or £69 for the genuine peugeot ones..

I would recommend you to change it especially the rear ones as they could damage the discs which could cost you £80 for the pair or £249 for the genuine..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guys in Poland that I'm going to take my car to are pros and they know what they're doing so I'm pretty sure everything will be fine.

Where can I get the break pads for only £13?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.