Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a 2012 Peugeot 508 SR saloon with a 2.0 HDI 140 engine (manual gearbox). When I go to accelerate it's like the car has to think about it. It accelerates for a split second, dies, for a second and then accelerates full wack like nothing happened. This doesn't happen every time, can happen when cruising and want to pass someone out or even just taking off. It's a weird one and just wondering if anyone had a solution. Hard thing to explain in text unless u experience it yourself馃檲

Registered
It should be connected to diag first.
It seems to me that the problem is in the turbo

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Its headed into the garage tomorrow so hopefully they'll find something. Could very well be a turbo problem, just wanted to see is it a common problem

Registered
So I recently purchased a 2012 Peugeot 508 SR saloon with a 2.0 HDI 140 engine (manual gearbox). When I go to accelerate it's like the car has to think about it. It accelerates for a split second, dies, for a second and then accelerates full wack like nothing happened. This doesn't happen every time, can happen when cruising and want to pass someone out or even just taking off. It's a weird one and just wondering if anyone had a solution. Hard thing to explain in text unless u experience it yourself馃檲
I got the same experience with my Peugeot 807 HDI.
The cause was a clogged diesel fuel filter, I changed the Diesel filter and my problem was solved.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I got the same experience with my Peugeot 807 HDI.
The cause was a clogged diesel fuel filter, I changed the Diesel filter and my problem was solved.
Must mention that to the garage, she is nearly due a major service alright so that could do the trick

Registered
Been chasing a similar problem, I changed the filter and put a fuel cleaner in the tank. This didn't help. no codes as i have a scanner until last week it chucked up a fault for about a second then disappeared just as i started the engine. The code was P0088 I think fuel pressure to high, fuel pressure regulator problem maybe. So I changed it this weekend and its much better but still every now and then a slight hesitation, so be interesting what you come back with.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Been chasing a similar problem, I changed the filter and put a fuel cleaner in the tank. This didn't help. no codes as i have a scanner until last week it chucked up a fault for about a second then disappeared just as i started the engine. The code was P0088 I think fuel pressure to high, fuel pressure regulator problem maybe. So I changed it this weekend and its much better but still every now and then a slight hesitation, so be interesting what you come back with.
Maybe it's a common problem so?

Registered
Expensive job?
Who knows? Sub 拢100 if it is. Other than that. Needs proper diagnostic. However i had a xsara picasso 1.6 hdi and a vectra 1.8 petrol with same issue. Both crank sensor at fault. Youll get to the bottom of it.

Registered
I had the same problem on my 1.6 hdi 308, 2011. Changing the fuel filter helped some, but the main problem turned out to be the fuel primer hand pump. There's a little valve on in that was playing up I think.

Registered
I had the same problem on my 1.6 hdi 308, 2011. Changing the fuel filter helped some, but the main problem turned out to be the fuel primer hand pump. There's a little valve on in that was playing up I think.
A couple of years earlier had sort of a similar problem that went away after changing the MAF. If it is the MAF, get the original, nothing else worked in my case and they tried two different after-market ones. Now I clean the MAF with isopropyl alcohol every time I change the air filter and no more issues from that part for like 60K km now.

Registered
A couple of years earlier had sort of a similar problem that went away after changing the MAF. If it is the MAF, get the original, nothing else worked in my case and they tried two different after-market ones. Now I clean the MAF with isopropyl alcohol every time I change the air filter and no more issues from that part for like 60K km now.
Another thing that helps is the oil - I use Yacco 1000 LE which has a pretty high HTHS or Mobil ESP Formula.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts