Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have a 2012 508 with navigation/Rneg2 rt6 unit. All of a sudden the sounds has gone 'bad'. It appears only tweeters are working and need volume on max to hear much. Fiddled with equaliser etc. Balance to rear means no sound at all.

Where to start?
Could it be an amplifier? Fuse ? though it appears no fuse under audio system or amplifier.

Could it be ALL the speakers at once?
Or even the unit itself? is there a way testing this with external speaker rather than opening door card

Thanks for any guidance

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can test the system if you have a Lexia. It will tell you what speaker, if any, is playing up.
I believe that the system (amp) will eventually shut down to protect itself.

I had a faulty woofer in the front door. Slowly deteriorated before shutting down.
Hook up Diag, test spekers, replace faulty one, all good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply Mykul. I unfortunately don't have Lexia or know anyone close by.

What you say regarding one faulty speaker shutting down the rest makes sense. Not sure why the tweeters still work tho

·
Registered
19 Posts
With mine, parking sensors still work and i think the phone would ring also, so maybe they don't go through the amp?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Having no sound from the speaker on a RT6 could be because of open circuit to the the speaker's voice coil or high resistance due to a corroded tract. You can easily diagnose with Diagbox the fault for the head unit or amplifier and get the code and description for a solution.

If there is an open circuit or high resistance to the voice coil, just solder an external wire from the connector leads of the speaker connector to the voice coil. You can manually measure continuity to check for the connection of each speaker if you have a multimeter but Diagbox makes the guessing work easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts