Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

IF you all don't mind thought I'd document the trip to Slovakia and Back.

Starting on Friday morning through the tunnel and then up to Frankfurt for the night and then onto Nitra the next day.

Aiming on doing a lot of exploring but am unlikely to take it through any fields like I did last time in the XC70.

Coming back via Telc in the Czech republic.

Am looking forward to seeing what sort of mileage I will get out of it.. The last trip I average about 27mpg in the Volvo.

Am hoping for a lot better in the Pug and have been averaging 50.3 mpg since I got it.. Admittedly this is almost exclusively motorway mileage but considering it is the M25 it could also be considered as being stuck in traffic jams for long periods.

To prepare for the trip so far I have:

a) Checked all the fluids and topped up the washer level.
b) Spoken to Peugeot who have confirmed that I need the stick on headlamp deflectors
c) Decided to give the car a good clean before leaving
d) Updated the Peugeot maps and speed camera database as well as the Tom Tom. Also going to use Google maps for that triple redundancy :)
e) Checked that I have all the docs I need and a list of vignette's I need to buy!
f) Sorted out the tablet on the rear passenger headrest along with 214 episodes of Peppa Pig and a copy of Trolls
g) Loaded the Moana soundtrack onto a usb stick

Am planning on visiting the following places:

Telc
Banska Bystrica
Devin Castle
Bojnice

Wish me luck!

So far I have done this journey in a 1.9tid Saab 93 and twice in a Volvo Xc70 SE Sport D5.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah.. Forgot I've got the spare bulbs and all the mandatory stuff needed in the various countries.. Also fire extinguisher and a need to remember to put the motoring kit at the top of the pile of stuff in the boot and not the bottom :p

Oil.. good idea Although most service stations will have a supply of the needed oil. Had to do that after the XC70 wanted a top up!

Does anyone know of the top of their heads what the 2.0 163 bhp FAP HDI needs?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh yeah.. Forgot I've got the spare bulbs and all the mandatory stuff needed in the various countries.. Also fire extinguisher and a need to remember to put the motoring kit at the top of the pile of stuff in the boot and not the bottom :p

Oil.. good idea Although most service stations will have a supply of the needed oil. Had to do that after the XC70 wanted a top up!

Does anyone know of the top of their heads what the 2.0 163 bhp FAP HDI needs?
5-30 fully synthetic C2......but make sure it says peugeot or PSA in the small print....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
655kms and averaged 86khph. 16.6km per litre.. So easy to change the high to km/ph

Only got to 160 kmph as the Mrs was occasionally watching the speedo.

Extremely comfortable and stable on the autobahn and very quiet. Really liked the fact that the radio automatically stored the local stations in memory and was a diddle to select one. Only really worrying moment. Trying to lock the car. Refused to do it. Worked fine after fishing out the spare I'd brought with me and packed in the luggage.

The remainder of the 900kms tomorrow through Germany, Austria and Slovakia.

So much nicer to drive than the xc70 on the same trip last year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
strangely decided to stop recognising the usb and disabled the source button on the steering wheel. a turn the car off and on again resolved it.

the new jag landrover factory is just over the hill from here do going o have a look later..after it stops raining.. none for 2 months and it starts as soon as we get here.

The c5 estate that came along with us being a little older and the 1.9 engine used about 45 litres more fuel on the journey

with the 2 side by side you can see they share the same platform but the 508 is leagues ahead in quality and looks. the pretty slope at the back does eat into the usable boot space though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quite a few accidents. The Tom Tom routed me through the centre of Brussels where there seems to have been some sort of major incident. Was also rerouted off the motorway at least 5 times and spent a good 2 or 3 hours crawling in traffic jams.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I drove my 2.2 SW GT from London to Berlin (via 'Le Shuttle') a while back. From memory, we averaged around 45 mpg, which wasn't bad considering we were travelling at the legal limit most of the way and topped out at close to (indicated) 140 mph on an unrestricted section of German autobahn. It's a very comfortable 'grand tourer'; it always felt safe and never gave the slightest problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still here ??

In telc at the moment and it is baking hot.. The pug is doing well so far and has been a pleasure to drive. Almost wiped out by a lorry pulling out to overtake someone without looking on the motorway and I can testify that the pugs brakes work very well.. Have had the panoramic roof shut as this seems to act like a nice pane of greenhouse glass on a hot day. Visited the new jaguar Landover plant in nitra yesterday. Will post pics of trip when I get back..

PS

Getting very good mpg on the motorways. The Czech ones are pretty bad though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.