Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could't start the engine and it showed message "Parking brake fault" + "Have the vehicle repaired"
One car mechanic tried to start the engine with the "jumper" but he failed. You can see the symptoms and repair cost for changing/replacing the batter in detail.

Drive safe~ Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always wonder why they show the parking brake is at fault when something else actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was scared at the beginning by the message "parking brake" and thought it might be a BIG brake problem, but it was a battery issue.

·
Registered
320 Posts
We had a parking brake fault on 2007 Citroen. It was in fact a broken wire to one of the ABS sensors in a front wheel. They seem to show the electric brake problem for many things. Quite misleading.

·
3,676 Posts
The car in the clip obviosly had a 'flat' battery...parking brake fault was shown as their was insufficient voltage to release the brake...I would be more interested to find out why the battery was almost totaly flat and check for a parasitic overnight voltage drain than just chuck a battery on it....so no fault with the 'parking brake'..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is the car worried about insufficient voltage when the parking brake is released only with the engine running? Or is someone trying to release it before starting the engine? I never do that. If the engine is running low battery for releasing the brake makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car in the clip obviosly had a 'flat' battery...parking brake fault was shown as their was insufficient voltage to release the brake...I would be more interested to find out why the battery was almost totaly flat and check for a parasitic overnight voltage drain than just chuck a battery on it....so no fault with the 'parking brake'..
I just guess that I drive much less frequently compared to the past because of home office. I used to drive daily before, but twice a week wise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had a parking brake fault on 2007 Citroen. It was in fact a broken wire to one of the ABS sensors in a front wheel. They seem to show the electric brake problem for many things. Quite misleading.

Yep. Confusing and misleading message.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the car worried about insufficient voltage when the parking brake is released only with the engine running? Or is someone trying to release it before starting the engine? I never do that. If the engine is running low battery for releasing the brake makes no sense to me.

I think Brake is on hold just in case of low voltage to other components for safety reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts