Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Pardon me in advance if this is an oversight on my own part, because I bought my 2011 508 saloon car fairly used and unfortunately it didn't come along with its user manual.

I recently, took the car to a mechanic for a minor repair. Then I letter discovered that the low beam light is always on and the switches and low light ambient lightening in the vehicle are permanently on, even during a sunny day time.

I have tried deactivating and activating the automatic headlight several times without any success. I will really appreciate it if anyone can assist me with this issue.

·
3,676 Posts
Hi...can you turn the lights off at all on the stalk?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi...can you turn the lights off at all on the stalk?
Yes I can turn it completely off from the stalk, but when the automatic headlighting is switched on, the low beam stays permanently on even when it's a bright sunny day.

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's a sensor underneath the black plastic below the interior rear view mirror. Has anything been disturbed in that area?

·
3,676 Posts
HI...were the light working ok before the repair.....you could also try a bsi reset...if not sure about that have a search on the form.....(it may not help..but worth a try)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a sensor underneath the black plastic below the interior rear view mirror. Has anything been disturbed in that area?
Sorry I didn't respond to you earlier. It was already night fall as at the time I saw your response, so I wasn't able to tryout your suggestion. I'll have to do that when the day breaks. To answer your question, actually yes. About a while ago, the windshield was replaced. Although after the replacement, the automatic headlighting was working OK. This problem started about a week ago, after I had the turbo replaced which made me think it was a minor settings issue. But after a lot of fiddling around I realized it might be something more than a minor settings issue, so I started surfing the web for answers and I came across this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
HI...were the light working ok before the repair.....you could also try a bsi reset...if not sure about that have a search on the form.....(it may not help..but worth a try)
Yes! They were working OK, before the repair. I had the turbo replaced and that was an engine problem. Which I assume has nothing to do with the headlights. Before then, I had the windshield replaced. But the automatic headlighting was working OK after that repair. Although I'm yet to tryout @drdino's suggestion. Hence, I will let you guys know the outcome. I shall also try your own suggestion as well and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks by the way for the assistance and prompt responses. I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was that minor repair? To me it looks like light sensor is faulty.
I had the turbo replaced. I will check the light sensor when the day breaks. But wouldn't the car diagnostics pick a faulty sensor problem? At the moment, none of the OBD computers I have tried so far are showing any error codes relating to the light sensor.

·
Registered
669 Posts
In some cases there won't be any fault. You have to read parameters and see value for light brightness.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts