Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening guys,

I'm having issues with my hybrid last month. Cant won't enter anything but "AUTO" on mode selector so I took it to Peugeot Dealer here and they established that rear reducer if faulty and needs replacement, so I agreed with that they will replace it with used one I found online. I order it from Holland and when they replaced it in dealer same issue remained and nothing changed.
After my local Peugeot dealer discussed with Peugeot France they established that this "new" reducer is also faulty and I need to buy new reducer and not used (apparently Peugeot France is aware of issues with used reducers?!?!?) altho reducer I bought is from apparently 67k km and a trusted seller.
But reducer is only mechanical part and there are no much things to break there and I'm afraid that if I pay 1400ish€ for new reducer it won't change things to good and they can't guarantee that it will solve an issue.

The fault code I got from Peugeot is P1ABF.
According to my Peugeot dealer, this is reducer fault code BUT according to the seller that I got used reducer, this is battery or BMU (battery monitoring unit) issue.

What do you guys think? Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi,

I am afraid there is not a great deal of help available for Peugeot Diesel Hybrids. They only did them for about 3 years then killed them off. Peugeot got their fingers burnt as the technology had moved by the time the RXH went into production. Faults are sporadic and random and vary greatly, most costing a small fortune to rectify as not many independent garages will touch therm a barge pole. Even Peugeot dealers are struggling to find solutions. Who even knows what a 'rear reducer' is??? Please post back if find out what was wrong. Sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyway, finally, I have replaced my reducer with brand new one from Peugeot (around 1500€ with labor) and now it's working as intended.
Maybe this will help someone in future if it's having reduced issues!

Now I need to somehow get my money back from this used dealer that he sold me faulty reducer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Vandal. I have the same issue and my mechanic told me that he cannot locate the issue. He wants to check the cable and the elektroengine. Could you give me the oficial name of the rear reducer or the Part number.
I have an ds5 hybrid.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my issue is exacty as you explained yours. The DS5 and Peugeot have the same Hybrid4 Systems (PSA).
When I start my car the Hybrid modus does not support anything. No other modus expect Auto is available. Battery recopuration is working and my Hybrid Battery is full. Even after the first minute when I am starting the car the normal engine starts automatically to work. There are no signs of failure in the display so at least it is not an important issue. The same failure as you have, occurs in the OBD-System (P1ABF). I have 75.000km. My technician told that he cannot locate the issue directly. It could be the cable to the electrical enigine or the engine itself. But I know that electrical engines are much more reliable than normal car engines. So my Frist step to check would be the rear reducer instead of the cable and elctrical engine.
Because he told me that the electrical system does not clutch to the system.

I will ask also a second citroen ds5 garage to get a second view of this issue.
The usual issues are low starter battery and break pressure supporter when the Hybrid System not works.

Honestly the rear reducer is a mechanical part if this does not work properly so it could be more a cable or sensor. Because the differentials are normally lasting very long.

I will also give you the Feedback when it works or not.

Thanks for your fast reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my issue is exacty as you explained yours. The DS5 and Peugeot have the same Hybrid4 Systems (PSA).
When I start my car the Hybrid modus does not support anything. No other modus expect Auto is available. Battery recopuration is working and my Hybrid Battery is full. Even after the first minute when I am starting the car the normal engine starts automatically to work. There are no signs of failure in the display so at least it is not an important issue. The same failure as you have, occurs in the OBD-System (P1ABF). I have 75.000km. My technician told that he cannot locate the issue directly. It could be the cable to the electrical enigine or the engine itself. But I know that electrical engines are much more reliable than normal car engines. So my Frist step to check would be the rear reducer instead of the cable and elctrical engine.
Because he told me that the electrical system does not clutch to the system.

I will ask also a second citroen ds5 garage to get a second view of this issue.
The usual issues are low starter battery and break pressure supporter when the Hybrid System not works.

Honestly the rear reducer is a mechanical part if this does not work properly so it could be more a cable or sensor. Because the differentials are normally lasting very long.

I will also give you the Feedback when it works or not.

Thanks for your fast reply.
After the change of the differential from my ds5 Hybrid everything works again. Issue was OBD-System (P1ABF). I am wondering what in the differential was broken that it must have been changed. Normally the differential is a very stable system. I will now observe the spoiled differential.
It is a prducy from the Company GKN with a bosch e-engine.

To othere hope this will help you. please share this knowledge also in other forums so that the moneymakers (car industry) should not take more than a simple change of the parts. My used part worked propperly an it was 50% cheaper than the new one which costs 1500 Euro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After the change of the differential from my ds5 Hybrid everything works again. Issue was OBD-System (P1ABF). I am wondering what in the differential was broken that it must have been changed. Normally the differential is a very stable system. I will now observe the spoiled differential.
It is a prducy from the Company GKN with a bosch e-engine.

To othere hope this will help you. please share this knowledge also in other forums so that the moneymakers (car industry) should not take more than a simple change of the parts. My used part worked propperly an it was 50% cheaper than the new one which costs 1500 Euro.
Hi I'm having the same issue with my 508 rxh. Did you change the complete reducer (1800 eur) or other part?
Thanks for your support
J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts