Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All. I'm a Peugeot (and diesel) newbie, and on Wednesday will pick up my first of both - a 2012 508 SW with the 2.0 140 bhp HDI engine.

I'm accustomed to somewhat more powerful cars - more than three times the power, actually - but the Pug will do me (and my dogs) nicely as a daily driver for now. It could do with more go, though... :D

There's a wealth of tuners on the internet, but the only name I recognise is Celtic Tuning (from my SAAB days). I'm looking just for a remap for road use, retaining the standard hardware and, crucially, reliability; I don't need a(nother) money pit (don't ask:mad:) The car has done 84000 miles, with FSH.

I would be very grateful for recommendations for reputable tuners, or any to avoid. Gentlemen, the floor is yours...

TN

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
At 84000 miles i would recommend doing the timing belt if its not been done before trying to eek more power from it as they are known to go early and if driven hard it is going to work harder better safe than sorry peugeots recommended change time is 140k miles but we have seen them go at 110k

·
2,275 Posts
hi...send him and email with the engine no and make of ecu..im sure he will help...if not your question about tuning has been answered...good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, gentlemen. My local Pug agent told me the cambelt should be done at ten years or 120K miles, so I was planning to get it done at 100K miles to be on the safe side.

I'm not really much further forward on the tuning, though; there are numerous tuners out there, and I've seen several (Celtic, DTUK and Racechip, to name but three) who do list the 508, either remapping the ECU or offering a plug-in tuning box, but nobody has offered any opinions. Could it be that not many people have their diesel Pugs tuned?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quantum Tuning Remap 508SW

Did you manage to get it remapped? Ive also got a 508SW 2.0HDi 140 and was looking at quantumtuning.co.uk they have a dealer near me; northeastremaps.co.uk. cost is listed as £249 and claim to increase the HP from 140 to 175 and torque from 320 to 390.

Has anyone had any experience with quantum tuning?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's no such thing as 'too much' power, just 'enough' and 'not enough'...

I'm off shortly to Pendle Performance to have it remapped; same torque, 5 bhp more power than the 2.0 HDi GT (probably the same map, more or less, if the hardware is the same); it's not that it's slow now, but it could usefully be quicker...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm assuming the brakes are the same on all the 2.0HDi models. If you know different, please tell me.

I don't know about the gearbox; mine has the six-speed manual. More engine braking, so less wear on the front brakes, of course.

I don't drive my cars hard; it will still spend most of its life on motorways at 80-85 mph in sixth. I'll take my chances with longevity; if it breaks, it breaks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you manage to get it remapped? Ive also got a 508SW 2.0HDi 140 and was looking at quantumtuning.co.uk they have a dealer near me; northeastremaps.co.uk. cost is listed as £249 and claim to increase the HP from 140 to 175 and torque from 320 to 390.

Has anyone had any experience with quantum tuning?
I haven't yet had the remap done, but will soon. I contacted Pendle Performance, but they haven't bothered to reply, so I contacted Celtic Tuning, who have.

I suspect that the remap for the 140 will be pretty similar to the standard map for the 2.0 BlueHDi GT, which produces pretty much the same power and torque as the tuners' remaps; they all claim much the same - 180-ish bhp, 400-ish nm - and the slight differences are likely due more to dyno variations than exaggeration.

The only thing you have to go on is online feedback. Good luck. I'll post when mine has been done.

TN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts