Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2016 5008 from my local Peugeot dealer.

Since getting home I have discovered it is missing the repair kit (compressor and bottle).

Should the dealership have supplied one with the vehicle even though it is second hand. I am of the understanding it is an MOT requirement.

I am taking it back in on Friday for some body scratches to be dealt with and thought I would ask first before confronting the salesman.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
As far as I understand it there is no legal requirement to carry a spare wheel but if you do it must be road legal. With that in mind there should also be no legal requirement to carry a foam sealant kit either.

Check through the paperwork to see if the omission is noted down. If it is mentioned that there isn't a spare wheel then I guess that's what you bought. If however the car originally came with the repair kit then it should be there unless it was marked as missing. It is reasonable to expect the car would be sold with the spare or repair kit or to be notified this was missing when they were selling the car. I think I would be requesting it be supplied as long as I didn't agrre to it being missing by signing a paper with the omission duly noted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts