Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Could someone please kindly help or suggest in regards to the following for my 2012 1.6l 5008 Allure

1. I still have my original battery and occasionally it does not start the car even after I have driven for a bit (possibly short journey has not charged it enough during the short run I dont know). I have to leave it for an hour or two before the ignition then starts the engine again. Had Halfords check out the battery twice but they seem to think it has good charge still (I dont have the voltage details to hand right now). They were not able to know what setting to select on the voltage meter as they couldn't get to the back of the battery to check the details (bloody Peugeot have made it difficult stick the thing right at the back). The eco mode activates (when the engine is off) fairly quickly after I listen to the radio My questions are:

a) can I use my standard 12/24 volt charger to top it up by only connecting the to the red terminal because I cannot reach for the negative due to the tight space and can I leave all the terminals connected but connect the negative to some other party of the engine block?

b) What is likely to be the model number of the battery as I cannot find it anywhere?

c) How much should I be roughly expecting to pay for a replacement battery for stop/start? I guess it has to be a stop/start battery as any other would drain it too quickly?

Many thanks.

·
2,981 Posts
HI...there should be a negative 'stud' bolted on the car near the battery....but your battery is 6 years old so its showing its age...if your in the uk use euro car parts and your reg number and it will give a couple of options...I would say an a.g.m. battery will prob be around £250...eco mode has been covered on this forum have a look...all relates to battery failing or not charged

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi noddy=hol,

Thanks for the reply Could you pls comment about stud comment - what about the stud?

Peugeot garage quoted by £160 for a battery but didnt say what type etc and like you say others are quoting around £250 which shocked me. Any idea why a huge difference?

Would a a charge with a regular battery charger (not a smart charger) possibly do anything and is it ok to use a non-smark charger?

Thanks.

·
2,981 Posts
Hi...sorry..my 3008 has a neg stud....so on yours any earth will work,a smart charger will be better that the old transformer type...perhaps peugeot have an 'offer' on..ask if its ok for your stop start....perhaps the amount of money saved by having it working is out weighed by the replacement cost....

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
096 is probably the battery size. I bought this one for my 308. But go to the tayna front page and put in your reg number.

If your battery is now 8 years old, that must be a record for a stop start one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts