Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if I could seek some opinions. i am thinking about buying a peugeot 5008 1.6 diesel active sept 2015 model with 33K miles

My opinions on the model are that they are basically very reliable and that while there may be the odd car with issues I dont think that this runs through out the range.

I am hoping that this will be the family car for a number of years.

So couple of questions, what do I look for, are there any known gotchas for this model, and whats your overall feeling about this model? I would rather get the opinions of owners rather than remote review sites

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is little information outside about 5008 as such, but basically it's the same platform as 307. I don't know anything about diesel engines, I own petrol for more than year. I strongly suggest to check whether you have a good Peugeot service available before you go for 5008. Regular services know nothing about Peugeot common lectronic glitches and how to deal with sometimes even small problems. They will replace part after part, sensor after sensor and still won't deal with the problem ?

Chech power steering (electro hydraulic). Very expensive if fails.

Technically I would say this car is very reliable. Electronics- Not!!!
P.s. make sure you always have a good battery, or you will see electronic "poltergeist" in your car ?

Good luck with your choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts