Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, newbie here. Can anyone help? I have noticed in the last 3 months my glow plug light on the dash isn’t coming on at all! Can someone tell me if it’s normal that you won’t see the coil light if the ambiant temp is above a certain temp even when it’s the first start of the day? It doesnt get used every day but when it does it’s late afaternoon/evening when the car has sat in the sun for the day. Uk temps at the mo is 20-24. No problems at all in starting or running. No lights on the dash or error messages. Is this a fault? Or normal?

The only other little hate I have is that when doing 30mph and you feather the throttle to maintain speed or more noticeable when all 6 of is are in the car travelling up an incline in 3rd gear doing 30mph.
The car sometimes has what I would call a surge/rocking. I can feel it as the driver. It’s not bad, but more of an annoyance to me.
I personally notice it more when going round a large roundabout when you get off the motorway.

Other than that it’s a fantastic car. Just waiting for the new model to drop in price ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
It has to be very cold before the glow plug light comes on. Never see it on mine.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Glow plugs are NOT NEEDED for starting modern diesels unless you are in somewhere like moscow!
They are not necessary in the uk this is the same for 99% of diesels they are used for regenerating the DPF and for helping reduce emissions during warm up but not for starting

You will see the light very briefly on cold mornings thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts