Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm trying to help my elderly neighbour, he has bought a 2005 Peugeot 407 estate. He asked me to look at the sat nav because he couldn't get it working. I had a look and its asking for the cd rom..which of course didn't come with the car.
Is there somewhere I can download the software or even the latest software compatible with it for free? The bit of searching I did do thought me that its a rt3 unit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all,
I'm trying to help my elderly neighbour, he has bought a 2005 Peugeot 407 estate. He asked me to look at the sat nav because he couldn't get it working. I had a look and its asking for the cd rom..which of course didn't come with the car.
Is there somewhere I can download the software or even the latest software compatible with it for free? The bit of searching I did do thought me that its a rt3 unit.
Here you goo Peugeot Citroen (Alfa) Navteq RT3 NaviDrive WIP Com 2013/2014

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks pug407aut, just had a look and I see the GB&Ire file is in 5 parts. Does this mean I burn to 5 separate discs and the installation will ask for disk 2 etc? What way does it work?
you need to use a rare joiner, and join all 5 files to one file, and you get an iso image, then you need use an image burner (imageburn), and now he can navigate

·
Registered
115 Posts
Put all the downloaded files into the same folder.
Then unzip the first one and they will all be extracted automatically.
The end result should be an ISO image.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers lads, I'll give it a go later today when I get home from work and I'll let you know how I get on.:thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
407 sat nav

why ow why do people try to extricate money from people by placing downloads on a monetary restricted download site like these sat nav disks..
is it a sad sign of the times that there are too many people just utilising sites like this to get people to sign up for premium websites as they get a financial reward ?????

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I got my nav and firmware updates from GPS underground.
I agree trying to charge for something you probably shouldn't be sharing in the first place is wrong. I have peugeot planet and if people want to come up and get their car plugged in they're more than welcome. I certainly wouldn't try and recoup the purchase price, as I bought it for myself to use to save getting shafted in dealers.
If you're posting discs then a small fee for postage and a disc is fair enough, but charging people then providing a download link is not right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts