Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there new to the forum, but thought id give it a go here on a question about radios.
I bought a Peugeot 407 2008 in New Zealand (imported from Japan) done less than 50000 km.
The radio died and (the pin connector) for the car to a Kenwood stereo does not exist here ,so I thought I could manually wire it in, I've used a bulb so I know which are the positive and the negative wire , my problem being when connected the wires melt or the fuse blows 5 amp fuse ( and that's attached to the key identity check, basically when blown says you don't have a key). Does any one know the colour coding for this model most are colours for the speakers and white with some black banding occasionally on the wire on others.
Radio works if I do it the old fashioned way on a battery 12 volts and plays no issues, so why does the car wires carry so much current they melt ?.
If any one has a diagram or a listing of the wire diagram it would be useful telling me what's what . but I kind of well to be honest am mystified why the huge current.
I could drill a hole through the fire wall but I'm not to keen on that idea , best wishes to you all and hope some one has an idea, Cheers Kevin.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Peugeot dont do colour coding the wires have numbers printed on them you will also loose various functions accessed through the radio including setting the clock!

If your melting wires its wired wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah wel,l that would answer the question of colours, it is ive found the only live feed, though,, cheers for that i think it might be electrician or peugeot time..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Double checkrd the wiring i only have 3 wires left 1 shows power the other are dead, so only 1 positive. Does anyone have the numbers for the 407 wires, so im not connecting it wrong if not I'll drill the hole through the bulkhead and do it the old fashioned way and add a fuse near the battery by passing all the other things it does.

·
Registered
870 Posts
You are doing this the hard way. Kenwood, like any other aftermarket uses ISO connectors. So all you need to buy is an ISO harness adaptor.

But like reliable has said you will also loose various functions accessed through the radio including setting the clock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts