Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Problems with stock paints that cannot be identified.

The problem is that I have a Peugeot 407 Gris Fer (EZW** paint code).
My car was scrached, I repaired it in a body shop (Peugeot Box) and they couldn't find the right shade for the repainted part. I tried different other body shops, paint dealers and still couldn't have it done 100%. The latest explanation I had is that in the factory Peugeot paint cars in lots, and I have a car that went first after the ending of another colour lot. I have no ideea that Peugeot couldn't think to something like this in our these days.
The question is if there is any way to find the right code for my paint, because I don't want the whole car repainted - i like my shade of gris fer?
B.T.W. I'm from Romania.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ya . I used to be a car painter up until a few years ago and the problem you describe is not a new one. With metallic paint so many things will affect the finish colour and shade or even the metallic effect in the paint. Air temperature,humidity even static charge. Even repairing a panel using paint that the panel was painted with can show. The only satifactory way is to spray the damaged panel and blend in the new paint over the next two panels and then clear-cote over. This may seem like a lot of work but its the only way. On some of the more exotic paints ,the whole side or in some instances the whole car would have to be resprayed for a perfect repair. You could try and find one of the smaller paint shops who can some times shade the paint and cheat a little .These older paint sprayers are hard to find these days and most body shops will only spray what come in the tin/mix.
Regards
Model Flyer

·
Registered
862 Posts
mihneabs said:
Problems with stock paints that cannot be identified.

The problem is that I have a Peugeot 407 Gris Fer (EZW** paint code).
My car was scrached, I repaired it in a body shop (Peugeot Box) and they couldn't find the right shade for the repainted part. I tried different other body shops, paint dealers and still couldn't have it done 100%. The latest explanation I had is that in the factory Peugeot paint cars in lots, and I have a car that went first after the ending of another colour lot. I have no ideea that Peugeot couldn't think to something like this in our these days.
The question is if there is any way to find the right code for my paint, because I don't want the whole car repainted - i like my shade of gris fer?
B.T.W. I'm from Romania.
Thanks!
http://www.paints4u.com/productsbyCat.aspx?MainCategoryID=6&MainSelection=22&SubCategoryID=42&Subselection=5&gclid=CLWY8NmoiYsCFSH1EAodlW_IFA

this lot have a wde choice of colours.

·
Registered
945 Posts
mihneabs PM me you chasis number and I will find your cars paint code on PSA..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Finding the paint code is ok, but you still are not guaranteed a 100% match as there around 8 shades of that silver. As i work for a reputable company that deals with large sales in the paint market there is an alternate way to get a 100% match. Depenedent on your local trader and what products they use and sell i cannot say what theyd be able to do for you. If youd like any more info just conatct me through PM. Regards whistler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts