Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2005 Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
I have a Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi from 2005 (pre-facelift), bought used on around 2013. Has not given many problems until recently. One of wich is that the keyless entry receiver stopped working (did everything I could about the key). Does anyone know where it's located and where I could find another one? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Hello everybody!
I have a Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi from 2005 (pre-facelift), bought used on around 2013. Has not given many problems until recently. One of which is that the keyless entry receiver stopped working (did everything I could about the key). Does anyone know where it's located and where I could find another one? Thanks in advance!
Your key has two systems mounted on the same printed circuit board: A transponder (a coil coupled system operating at 125 kHz) and a remote lock/unlock UHF transmitter (433.92 MHz in most countries, 315MHz in USA and Japan). The transponder is part of the car immobiliser and will work even if the key's battery is flat. If you haven't already done so you should get your key checked by a locksmith who sells car keys because it is possible that your key is not transmitting.

The UHF remote lock/lock receiver is inside the communications unit (the steering wheel switch unit). These are not intended to be repaired so there is little information on what is inside except there will be a simple antenna and a UHF receiver. The communications unit is connected to the BSI (main computer) via a computer bus. If all the switches are working normally the most like problem is the connection to the antenna or the receiver itself. The communications unit is a relatively expensive component so it's important to make sure your key is working properly.

· Registered
2005 Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You key has two systems mounted on the same printed circuit board: A transponder (a coil coupled system operating at 125 kHz) and a remote lock/unlock UHF transmitter (433.92 MHz in most countries, 315MHz in USA and Japan). The transponder is part of the car immobiliser and will work even if the key's battery is flat. If you haven't already done so you should get your key checked by a locksmith who sells car keys because it is possible that you key is not transmitting.

The UHF remote lock/lock receiver is inside the communications unit (the steering wheel switch unit). These are not intended to be repaired so there is little information on what is inside except there will be a simple antenna and a UHF receiver. The communications unit is connected to the BSI (main computer) via a computer bus. If all the switches are working normaly the most like problem is the connection to the antenna or the receiver itself. The communications unit is a relatively expensive component so it's important to make sure your key is working properly.
That explains why the cost came back stupid expensive. Yes the key is transmitting a signal, we got that checked out. Other than that, thank you so much for this detailed awser!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts