Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Let me tell you what happened.

I have a pug 407, 05 plate, for almost 3 years now. Very happy with it actually.

2 days ago I lost my main keys. I took the reserve one, which was basically in pieces: the flip key and the chip which didn't think had any battery. Went to the car, got in using the key only, no chip. The alarm started pretty bad. Panicked so I disconnected the battery. It was a bad decision. The alarm didn't stop.

I only made it to stop by reconnecting the batery and getting out of cart and closing the window and locking it.

I did some research after and it seems the way to recalibrate the chip is to do a BSi reset. The problem is that I think I fuck ed it up by removing the battery too soon.

I tried to do it, left the car ignition off, waited like 5 minutes but when disconnectin the battery, the alarm started. The error displayed is immobiliser faulty. My assumption is that it would have worked if I didn't disconnect the battery in a rush.

What do you think I should do?

1. Can I deactivate somehow the alarm?
2. Can I remove the error using a diagnosis tool? And the retry the BSi reset?

Thanks guys,

Mircea.

·
5,123 Posts
will the key start the car ???

·
5,123 Posts
so there is a key with a cross through it on display ?? If your spare key doesnt start the car you may need to get a locksmith out to sort it.No chance you can find original key ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly. There is a key with a cross through it on display.

The key works technically, meaning it fits in. But since I have this error, the engine is blocked from starting.

Wouldn't clearing the error through planet work?:)

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
BSI reset does NOT fix this problem you need to have the keys recoded the BSI lost the key codes when you disconnected the battery the alarm is a separate issue but again you need the key working as the alarm needs the remote signal to deactivate it

The key has 2 separate things integrated into the board1 is the remote locking which also controls the alarm the other is the chip for the immobiliser this is the part not working hence the key symbol on dash.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Sounds like you first need a new key as the one you have is falling to bits you can put your blade in a new key to avoid cutting one
THEN you need the 4 digit access code

Then you need someone with peugeot planet to come to you and code the new key in to the car.

Someone on here

Dealers

OR you could call a locksmith

Other option could be a whole lockset ecu set from another car and transfer it all over

Just so we are clear here the new key MUST BE NEW not a used key or it wont work.

Exception to that is if you swapped a whole set with ecu as that key would match the other ecu set

Any option is liklely to cost you about £100 upwards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi reliable, thanks for the response.

I plan to buy a key holder, and put the old key in also with the chip.

First q: I know you said I need a new one, but why? Can t I register the old code back in?

Second q: how can I get the 4 digits code?

I plan to find someone in West London to help me with this planet stuff.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Its only worth fixing your old key if it worked if it did not work then it is a waste of time as you need the remote section to silence the alarm but if it did work before it fell to bits then thats fine.

Dealer may be willing to get code some are some are not there are people on here search vin to pin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.