Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been a few weeks since I posted alot has happened recently but the cars now on the road again after a slight altercation with a Deer (Now deceased). This week my drivers side headlamp dipped beam bulb has blown nothing dramatic about that until I tried to replace it. The bulb has welded itself into the bulb connector and has melted the inside of the connector. Peugeot dont sell the connectors for the bulbs. Looks like a soldering job unless anyone else knows different?:confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Whip the bulb out the holder, and while it's dangling give the connector a major soak with Wurth Rost Off, maybe soak it overnight and then try. With any luck that might release it enough for you to use a screwdriver blade to easy the bulb out of the connector.

Failing that solder in a new one, or a used one from the breakers. Piece o' pith.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately couldnt wait had some night driving to do tonight. Ive had to chop the connector off and solder a new spade onto the 12V connection the earth wire ive soldered direct onto the bulb lights now ok just a bummer when time comes to change the bulb, A replacement headlamp would sort the problem but thats not a cheap job just for the sake of a bulb.

C

·
0 Posts
You don't need a 407 - any modern car from any manufacturer with an H1 or H7 headlamp (depending on which of your 407s bulbs is troublesome) will happily donate the appropriate connector and 6 inches of wire. Easy peasy.

·
5,027 Posts
Newspaperman said:
Unfortunately couldnt wait had some night driving to do tonight. Ive had to chop the connector off and solder a new spade onto the 12V connection the earth wire ive soldered direct onto the bulb lights now ok just a bummer when time comes to change the bulb, A replacement headlamp would sort the problem but thats not a cheap job just for the sake of a bulb.

why change the headlight if its the wiring side thats broke ????

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chopper I have a H1 type bulb I went round the srappies looking for H1 type connectors. Most manufacturers only supply the lamp with a single spade connector and the housing and body of the headlamp has a an earth point to which the earth spade connector is fitted. The 407's are different as the connector of the H1 bulb has a centre 12v supply terminal and the earth is a metal casing around the connector to whch the outer part of the lamp is held. Ideally im looking for a 407 with a smasked headlamp so i can snip the the wires and remove the connector and I will joint the cable to my exisiting wiring. If anyone has one it would be much appreciated. I ended up soldering the earth wire to the outer casing of the bulb not ideal as I will have to do this every time that bulb goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Headlights melted the light box connectors

Headlights melted the light box connectors on my 407 peugeot dealership say its the internal wiring in the light and what me to pay £600 to replace both headlights as it has happened on both side the same fault reported to peugeot customer complaints just awaiting to seewht happens cant see how they cant think its anything else but your fault

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorted out my light too it to a local vehicle mechanic and he cut the block off put a spade connector form the wire to the lights and then another to a spade connector on the light blub housing took him 20min and cost 20 pound far better then £600 from rip off peugeot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts