Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help? I have a 2007 407 hdi sportpack model, the problem is my radio doesn’t come on, especially when the weather is cold out, if it a nice hot day radio comes on straight away, when cold radio usually has to reset itself twice before it decides to work, even then it may not come on, my odometer is showing in kilometres but when radio decides to work it switches to miles, bin told it could be a relay? But no idea which 1? Can anyone help please, it’s so annoying............

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
2007? That's more likely to be an RT4 (menu items in a circle) than an RT3 (menu items in two rows).

If it is an RT4 then it's possible that the hard drive is dying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, yes sorry it’s an rt4, never thought of the hard drive, are they easy to change? Or is there an alternative replacement.. thanks dave

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's a 2.5" IDE drive and people usually replace them with a compact flash card with IDE adapter.

If you're lucky you might be able to clone the existing drive onto the new drive
https://clonezilla.org/

Then you have to re-install the software. This is what I used.
CD_RT4-5_SW_8.31.7z (415,11 MB) - uploaded.net

It seemed to take a few goes to get the unit to start the install -- which was terrifying -- but eventually it did it. You have to sit there with the engine running so that it doesn't go into economy mode.

The installer will format the drive. It uses 4 partitions of fixed sizes, so any extra space isn't usable. You need a 32GB card.

After installation you need PP2k to reconfigure the default installation to the options present in the car -- single/dual zone climate, etc.

Then you'll need maps
GB-Ireland.7z (251,45 MB) - uploaded.net

and speed cameras
rt4-sc-2018-03.ZIP (3,11 MB) - uploaded.net

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again, I’m still having problems with my hard drive, I’ve managed to download everything off it onto another hard drive, but when I put it back in my radio nothing happens, I just get the Peugeot logo on my screen, nothing works, I’ve got the latest software update, I put cd in but again nothing happens, now cd stuck In radio, no idea what to do? Is there any way I can buy an IDE hard drive with info already on it that I can just plug in?

Thanks

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts