Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im new to the forum so bar with me please,
anyhow i have a 55 plate 407 1.6 hdi the problem is that i had a snapped timing belt on the engine.
so a mechanic told me that it will cost around £800 to get it fixed but its better to get a new engine, so got a better engine with only 30k on the clock, so got the engine but the bloddy thing wont start, the mechanic told me that it mite my key (wich was battered anyway) so got a new key and he said it will work no need to programm it. but it still didnt work.
so he came over to actually program it but he didnt get any response from the ecu i think, the unit wasnt recognizing the key or anything. But the key opens the doors. so got an electrician have a look at it but he sayin it could be anything. myab the ecu unit, or the bsi or the fusebox or all of it. Hes asking hell of lot of money for it after spending already so much on it, so any of yo guys had a similiar problem or any advice will be apreciated, cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111.0004dc947e5c1752ca0a2&msa=0&ll=54.775346,-0.219727&spn=9.207928,28.256836

Price varies from person to person but shouldn't cost much at all. And its the best diag kit out there, same kit the peugeot dealers use!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
cheers davie..i will look into that! btw davie there seems to be one guy near me but i dont know how to contact him?
his name Rwb and he is located in basingstoke.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so just quick update whats been happened so far, had RWB coming over and plugged his pp into the cars ecu there were lots of fault, most of the faults got erased but there was particular that didnt go away i quote
ENGINE ECU
Permanent fault. Fuel pressure Short-circuit to positive or circuit open.
anybody know what this means? or anybody has thoughts on it.
many thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
this is a shot in the dark but could it be possible the transponder in your key is not paired with your ecu now im no expert but im sure someone on here with more knowledge will enlighten you some more on this. i hope it works out well for you

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
There was no immobiliser light on (orange key going into an orange square) so I think the key is OK. I believe that neither the ECU nor the BSI have been changed.

Frankly betty "do a google search" is not a helpful thing to add to a stressful situation.

We think we've got this down to one fault, so any experience that anyone can share about this would be very gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Obviously for a different engine, but if the principle is the same then I don't understand why this fault would lead to a non-start.

Operation Stages:HDI Direct Injection System(SIEMENS SID 801) said:
in the event of a faulty high pressure fuel sensor :
 the injection ECU supplies the high pressure fuel regulator so as to obtain a pressure of 344
bar
 the pressure in the fuel high pressure common injection rail is no longer regulated

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That car is convinced that it has that problem: "fuel pressure signal".

Can this cause a non-start?

There were no faults in the BSI, and I can't see how any of the other units (door, radio, MFD,...) are relevant, so I'm convinced that this is all we have to go on.

Or is PP2000 leading us astray?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with rwb.
Just my 2 pence worth but surely "ENGINE ECU
Permanent fault. Fuel pressure Short-circuit to positive or circuit open." indicates a fault with the fuel rail sensor or the wiring to it.
(Sounds like open cct earth).
If the ECU hasn't got any signal regarding the fuel pressure then that's the problem?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts