Doubled and car will frequently be dead
While waiting at junction.

Now after 2 years of overhauling,
No problem.. Up to you to believe..
I have 3 Peugeot 407.. All have this
Problem ..

People who told you nothing happen
Are "bollock".. Good luck..
Really??? Can't understand why they don't highlight that feature on their expensive ads & glossy brochures??? Sounds likes "bollocks" to me. Perhaps Peugeot should re-badge so I can tell people I drive a Bollocks 307 HDI?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depolution system faulty 407 hdi

Hi all I have 407 hdi on 05 plate .its showing depolution system faulty on the screen and engine managment light is on . Seems like loosing power like running without a turbo. Still drives up to 80 mph. Got it checked by local garage using snap on diagnostic . it was showing so many different codes like p2563,p0401,p0238,p2562 after clearing them. Was told do drive again till the engine managment light comes back on . It did drive ok pick was ok for five mins than as soon as I hit 90 went to the same problem no power ,depolution system faulty came back on . Went back to garage checked on the system showing only p2563(turbo charger boost control position sensor circuit range/performance . Please help how to fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
407 dps fault

Has anybody experienced any problems with the 407 with regard to diagnostic fault reading 'Depollution System Faulty'?

Local dealer clears the fault but seems unable to fix the problem as it reappears quite regularly.
I have just recon'd the head and mine had the same fault , then I un plugged all the electric plugs from the dozer valve and cleaned with brake cleaner and the lights are gone . the car goes like a dream now( touch wood):

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depollution system faulty

I have 2006 407 2.0 petrol. Had the same problem. The above faulty message and engine light on. The car jerks at times.

Went to garage and have the spark plugs checked. They were quite bad and have them replaced. Thus no more message or engine light on. The car runs smooth. Alas, only for a week. The devils appear again.

This time, the car stutters at times and would not start intermittently. Then, went to peugeot dealer and get them to change the fuel filter considering the car is almost 100k km. Dealer said from computer diagnostics there could be problem with the ignition coil pack. I agreed to replacement. They replaced the coil pack and fuel filter. But the computer diagnostics still came up with the same error code. Possible faulty Fuse Box. So, the dealer put back my old ignition coil pack back and cleaned the fuse box. The car runs alright and no more message or engine light on. Yet again, only for a week.

This time around, the symptoms got even worse. On the way to peugeot dealer, the car stops 3 times. Fortunately manage to reach the dealer and got the Fuse Box replaced. It has been 3 weeks of smooth running with no more message or warning light. Hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depollution frustration

A few months ago I purchased a Peugeot 308 Wagon (2009) and since the day of purchase it goes into limp home mode when the depollution sign comes on. There is no telling when the light will come on. However, I do about four trips a day and it will come on three in four trips. I am able to get the car out of limp mode by stopping turning off the engine and turning it back on again. The engine light stays on but I know I am good to go if it just stays on without flashing. I have taken it to two mechanics and they can find no problem when they run the diagnostic check. I the engine fan stays on for over five minutes also. This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have 2006 407 2.0 petrol. Had the same problem. The above faulty message and engine light on. The car jerks at times.

Went to garage and have the spark plugs checked. They were quite bad and have them replaced. Thus no more message or engine light on. The car runs smooth. Alas, only for a week. The devils appear again.

This time, the car stutters at times and would not start intermittently. Then, went to peugeot dealer and get them to change the fuel filter considering the car is almost 100k km. Dealer said from computer diagnostics there could be problem with the ignition coil pack. I agreed to replacement. They replaced the coil pack and fuel filter. But the computer diagnostics still came up with the same error code. Possible faulty Fuse Box. So, the dealer put back my old ignition coil pack back and cleaned the fuse box. The car runs alright and no more message or engine light on. Yet again, only for a week.

This time around, the symptoms got even worse. On the way to peugeot dealer, the car stops 3 times. Fortunately manage to reach the dealer and got the Fuse Box replaced. It has been 3 weeks of smooth running with no more message or warning light. Hope it stays that way.
Which fuse box? Did the fault ever come back?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on and off for 2 years till I had the throttle body changed. also changed cam belt, spark plugs and ignition coil at the same time

·
Registered
1 Posts
De-Polution Fault

I have a 57 plate 407 HDI Sport 2.0 Auto with 155K miles and runs like a dream except for the continuous DPF fault. I have had it re-charged but the fault keeps coming back especially when using the kick down to accelerate. Once the fault appears the engine goes into limp mode and it is difficult to get over 60mph. After about an hour in that speed the engine seems to fire on all cylinders but the engine management light remains on. After 4- 5 times of switching the engine on and off the light goes out and everything is good again, but a week later overtaking the DPF came on again... I have been told by a local garage that it can be difficult to find and repair the fault and it can be very expensive £1000.00. As the mileage is now creeping to 160K it is now due a Cambelt change and so I may be throwing dead money at the car if I try and repair it.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.